Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

Watched us beat Portsmouth 6-0 a few years ago in a bar in Mallorca.

Watched us in a sports bar in Helsinki a few times.

Watched the 1-6 in a Liverpool bar in Majorca as the only city fan there i was treated to so much free drink i cant remember anything after the final whstle haha!!

Watched Bolton at home in a bar in New York a few years ago.

It was the game where we must have hit the post about 5 times, then Richard Dunne gives away a penalty in the last minute and we lose 1-0.

I was explaining to a few Yanks the term "Typical City" that afternoon.

I don't know if this qualifies, but I was in Zante in a bar called 'The Drunk Moon', watching SSN when the news broke that Sheik Mansour had bought City. After reading the details of what it meant I got stuck into the ale and really celebrated, leaving an away shirt stuck on the bar wall with "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!" scrawled on it !! And the rest, as they say, is history!!

kenkladze said:
I don't know if this qualifies, but I was in Zante in a bar called 'The Drunk Moon', watching SSN when the news broke that Sheik Mansour had bought City. After reading the details of what it meant I got stuck into the ale and really celebrated, leaving an away shirt stuck on the bar wall with "TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!" scrawled on it !! And the rest, as they say, is history!!

Defo counts as City never seemed to feature pre season on tv furring the summer until last three years. Ah, how things have changed. Shirt Might even get recognised on streets in Turkey this year!

Going slightly off topic, I've been in North Wales this weekend and in Llandudno on saturday the number of city shirts I spotted probably outnumbered every other team combined

Also there's a football souvenir shop on the pier and the City section is bang centre of the main window dominating over everything

Hart of the matter said:
About to jet off to Turkey next week so will have to find a bar to watch CS against Chelsea. Had to do same last year and sat in Bar full of United fans. Was givin it large at half time but looked a right dick at the end. Got loads of stick till I realised none were from Manchester. One even said from South Manchester (Chester) YCNMIU

Which part are you off to? I'm jetting off to Olu Deniz on Saturday... just praying Mini Ledge's new strip turns up in time!

Watched 1st game of season before last 0:0 versus Tottenham in a bar near Albufeira in Portugal.

Absolute minging place, was kind of a beach bar type place so it was decorated like a bog. Smelt like one to. Jaysus and some fella ordered food in there!! Makes me vomit just thinking of it.
Remember thinking Silva and Yaya werent going to be up for the prem....whooooops

Last year set off from Fort Walton Beach, Florida at 8 in morning to arrive at friend's house in De Funiak Springs for 9:45, just in time to miss first half of Charity Shield cause I'd done a counting horse act on the time difference. Managed to catch the car crash second half though :(

In Bodrum for same game this year with less time difference to cock up so should be ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.