Watford (A) Pre-Match Thread

Watford V City

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinchenko will play against Real since Mendy is banned.

I appreciate your general point. Rhythm is needed indeed but also to avoid injuries to key players. One of Stones and Ota should be ready for it is probably naive to think we can reach the final playing Garcia and Laporte all the time. Injuries, fatigue, cards may force the use of other CBs.
Sorry, I’d forgotten about Mendy’s suspension but I’d have reservations picking him anyway. It could be a blessing in disguise.

Zin’s looked sub-standard of late. I’d like to see Cancelo trialled properly at left back. We were told he could play there when we bought him. He hasn’t excelled there so far but, then again, he’s had precious little time in any position.

I accept there may be some reason we don’t know about why he’s been cold-shouldered.

Sorry, I’d forgotten about Mendy’s suspension but I’d have reservations picking him anyway. It could be a blessing in disguise.

Zin’s looked sub-standard of late. I’d like to see Cancelo trialled properly at left back. We were told he could play there when we bought him. He hasn’t excelled there so far but, then again, he’s had precious little time in any position.

I accept there may be some reason we don’t know about why he’s been cold-shouldered.

Actually, I also think that it might be a good idea to try Cancelo at LB.

Can understand people saying give some kids a chance but I'd like to see a settled team get them ready for the game against Madrid cant see it tho.

Ederson

Walker
Fern
Laporte
Mendy

Rodri
Kdb
Bernardo

Foden
Jesus
Sterling

Would play a seriously weakened team for this , Watford will be launching into tackles fighting for survival , Bellis , Palmer , Doyle ,Cancelo , Zinchenko , Carson , Otto, Stones and any other players that are not going to feature against Real. This game means nothing treat it as a training session and a chance to look at our academy players.

Well said Chris Holmes. That exactly what we should be looking for. I wonder how many changes Pep's going to make for this game. My guess is at least 6 If not more. That is one of the reasons why we have had a poor season. Pep just makes to many changes from game to game.

Why can't Pep just keep the changes to a minimum, instead of 5+ changes every single game.. This constant changing more or less of the whole team doesn't help at all.

Well said Chris Holmes. That exactly what we should be looking for. I wonder how many changes Pep's going to make for this game. My guess is at least 6 If not more. That is one of the reasons why we have had a poor season. Pep just makes to many changes from game to game.

Why can't Pep just keep the changes to a minimum, instead of 5+ changes every single game.. This constant changing more or less of the whole team doesn't help at all.
Unless you are privy to the where's and whyfores as to why the changes are made, your not in a good position to claim they are either right or wrong.

I don't think Pep makes changes for shits and giggles

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Gundogan
Rodri
Silva
Mahrez
Bernardo
Foden

That’ll be the starting line up, no youth just a bog standard side with 6/7 players with zero future at our club in a game that bears not a single bit of relevance on our season. Give this one a miss I think after that gutless showing yesterday, if there’s ever a time to give some young lads a chance then it is after that shite yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.