Otamendi
Zinchenko
Gundogan
Rodri
Silva
Mahrez
Bernardo
Foden

That’ll be the starting line up, no youth just a bog standard side with 6/7 players with zero future at our club in a game that bears not a single bit of relevance on our season. Give this one a miss I think after that gutless showing yesterday, if there’s ever a time to give some young lads a chance then it is after that shite yesterday
Wish I knew in advance which players we were looking to offload. Can you let us know as I will lump on at the bookies

Zinchenko will play against Real since Mendy is banned.

I appreciate your general point. Rhythm is needed indeed but also to avoid injuries to key players. One of Stones and Ota should be ready for it is probably naive to think we can reach the final playing Garcia and Laporte all the time. Injuries, fatigue, cards may force the use of other CBs.
It is probably naive to think we can get past Real with Zinchenko at left full but it appears that will be what happens. Major priority area in the market over the next couple of months.

All I want for this game is for the players to look like they are bothered unlike the game against the Arse. Will be tough to call, they could get a boost from sacking the manager or could go the opposite way as that was the 3rd manager they have sacked this season.

Worth trying out some different formations in these next two to prepare for the CL.

We will get a fair bit of time off from Sunday's game v Norwich before we play Real. But they'll have had longer. Will be hard to get up to intensity again so we should start against Norwich how we intend to against Real so at least that time have played a couple of weeks before. Real will have three weeks off almost so hard to go again and find that match fitness/intensity. Not sure how Bayern/the French teams will manage either.

Juve on the other hand have games every few days leading up to their game against Lyon so will be in good shape. They then get a week off before they play us/Real (if they beat Lyon) so will be probably the best prepared team mentally/physically.

An odd situation where you want to rest and recover without losing the match sharpness. Only warm up games will be between our first team/squad which isn't the same.

Personally I think we should be all out for the win when the side we are facing are still in a relegation battle.

+1 - We owe it to the integrity of the league to put in a decent performance (and Pep has said the same in similar situations in the past). If Watford want to stay up then let them earn it.

+1 - We owe it to the integrity of the league to put in a decent performance (and Pep has said the same in similar situations in the past). If Watford want to stay up then let them earn it.
While I agree we should always play to win, the league has shown us no integrity with fixture dates etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.