Watford (A) Pre-Match Thread

Watford V City

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Watford to stay up, I was quite impressed with their fans at Wembley and fair play to them for supporting Watford when the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are on their doorsteps. I think we may as well rest players for this, if now isn't the time to give some of the kids an opportunity then it never will be. I also think Watford is a big tough side and will put themselves about its just not worth getting any injuries in such a nothing game.

Eddie is still in with a shout at the golden glove, so talk of throwing this with kids in a nothing match are barmy. As well as integrity of the competition and Pep just doesn't do that shit especially after the Wembley no show. I expect nearly a full side out. Risk of injured players is not a normal Pep consideration.

Eddie is still in with a shout at the golden glove, so talk of throwing this with kids in a nothing match are barmy. As well as integrity of the competition and Pep just doesn't do that shit especially after the Wembley no show. I expect nearly a full side out. Risk of injured players is not a normal Pep consideration.
Well, I think it is a risk to play a full-strength team in a game which essentially means nothing when we have the champions league.

Last edited:
From the presser:

Guardiola on #ManCity's rhythm:
"We are going to make some changes, some players who played the semi-final are going to play but we are going to play the next two games I will try to let all of them play. We will see."

Guardiola on reaction to the Arsenal game:
"I didn’t see them since the match so I don’t know. I want them to be ourselves."

Last edited:
Personally, i'd be going full strength in these two games to get some rhythm ahead of Madrid. Injuries the risk obviously but if we turn up with players out of form and rusty Madrid will batter us. It's pretty likely we'll concede so we need a few goals, and could do with the likes of Kdb, Jesus, Foden, Mahrez in the goals in the lead up to the game, confidence will be pretty low after Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.