Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday was poor but we need to move on from that now luckily we have Otamendi back which will help with stones. Time for big willy to start also he deserves a chance, also Yaya and Sterling to come in also.

I am sorry if this has already been posted, but I am pretty sure Troy Deeney will score his 100th Watford goal against us.

I saw it in the dried bones I dropped on the floor.

He has been waiting quite some time now... like Vardy was before Saturday.

I trust we will score more at the other end though.

JJ

Watford have two rapid strikers. We have a slow back four playing a high line every week. Watford will have watched Leicester and Chelsea running through our high line. We'll be biting our fingernails again. We had 78% possession and 19 shots against Leicester, but despite that I felt that if Leicester needed another goal they would have created one or two more clear chances.

Apparently the club won't be handing out any free gifts over Christmas as Bravo has already done that for them recently

Watford have two rapid strikers. We have a slow back four playing a high line every week. Watford will have watched Leicester and Chelsea running through our high line. We'll be biting our fingernails again. We had 78% possession and 19 shots against Leicester, but despite that I felt that if Leicester needed another goal they would have created one or two more clear chances.
Who are you talking about? Okaka and Deeney? Ighalo was quick. The other two just look very powerful. Not as quick as our forwards. It would be brave of them if they play two forwards

Maybe pep sees that a high line with our lack of speed is a recipe for disaster and adjusts the line a few meters into a more defensive coverage.

-this works VERY well IF we are actually high pressing, because it forces back clearances on watford's part. That can be something we "pounce" on.

Pep even said something to the point of "english teams/players are honed on getting the 2nd ball after a clearance"
-so it's certainly something he's seeing...hopefully we do something about it.

Who are you talking about? Okaka and Deeney? Ighalo was quick. The other two just look very powerful. Not as quick as our forwards. It would be brave of them if they play two forwards
Yeah, Ighalo and Deeney. Ok, not Vardy pace, but decent pace and physically strong.

Yeah, Ighalo and Deeney. Ok, not Vardy pace, but decent pace and physically strong.

After the nightmare at Filbert Street, we really have to get this right. A loss at home against Watford, given the disparity in resources, would be totally unacceptable. A little bit of common sense and we would have far too much for them.

But who knows after Yaya on saturday. Zabba wide left? KdB right back. Mad though it seems with Pep he might just do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.