Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having listened carefully to his pre-match presser it was very positive - I think he understands what needs to change, is learning about English football, although it is obvious from his comments he will not change his main philosophy. I am pleased by this, but the problem I have at the moment is: I understand perfectly the way he wants his players to play, and know it will take time for them to adapt, but what I can't understand is why he is sticking with certain players who do not respect possession, fail to press and quite frankly will not be part of the future. Is it any benefit to keep playing Kolarov, Sagna or Yaya, for example who everyone knew would struggle with his tactics. We all know what he wants to do, but for us to really get behind him on this journey, we need to see these players replaced with younger hungrier players who maybe part of the future. I don't think many fans want him to fail or worse leave, we just want to see a slightly tougher stance to players who constantly give the ball away or refuse to take responsibility on tracking the men they are supposed to pick up. I expect a reaction from the players tomorrow, and fully expect us to win comfortably 3-0.

The context of the defence quote

PEP: The last month we have to accept it’s not going well. The last games at home we didn’t win. I don’t have a defence.
I think he meant he cannot defend the bad results, he was not having a dig at his defenders.

Having expressed my pessimism earlier on, the weird thing is that I also sincerely think we could really smack someone one of these days. I'm talking four or five nil. The line is that fine (we just don't seem to have been crossing it for about six weeks). But please, Pep, if you're gonna play three at the back, then give them strict orders that there must be three, at pretty much all times.

It'll be another long ball over the top job,lets see if pep has learnt and the players do indeed fight to close it down,can't say i sense a sudden turn in fortunes this week with the arses next at the weekend as well

We do need a win and a clean sheet to boot. I have all the faith in the world that Pep will get it right but it will take time.

That said if Kolarov plays he needs to be under strict orders not to over attack and allow Stones to be left open along with Bravo. We need to be looking to win but keeping a clean sheet with the forward line finding their goal scoring form

3-0 win for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.