Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing my mind slightly, still want Nolito to play up front with sane and Sterling wide, KDB in the hole. Otamendi and Stoned in the the middle of defense Gundagon and Fernando in front of them and two full backs, Sagna and a left back, not quite sure who but ill plump for Kolarov. Stick with Bravo.

God how we miss Ferdi the protection he offers the back 2/3/4 is fantastic for a lone dog. He breaks up stuff and is always making the right calls when to risk a yellow with a tug when the opposition get on the counter. Does it countless times and people get frustrated when he gets a card but fuck we could have had a bit of that on Saturday.

Gundagon has goals n him but he needs to be more disciplined in this line up. No place for Silva, he is a great player but we need to be more direct and pacy, not so much side to side.

Bench will be Willy Zaba Merlin Yaya Nacho Clichy

If Delph were fit he would be a real option here for his industry i feel.

Changing my mind slightly, still want Nolito to play up front with sane and Sterling wide, KDB in the hole. Otamendi and Stoned in the the middle of defense Gundagon and Fernando in front of them and two full backs, Sagna and a left back, not quite sure who but ill plump for Kolarov. Stick with Bravo.

God how we miss Ferdi the protection he offers the back 2/3/4 is fantastic for a lone dog. He breaks up stuff and is always making the right calls when to risk a yellow with a tug when the opposition get on the counter. Does it countless times and people get frustrated when he gets a card but fuck we could have had a bit of that on Saturday.

Gundagon has goals n him but he needs to be more disciplined in this line up. No place for Silva, he is a great player but we need to be more direct and pacy, not so much side to side.

Bench will be Willy Zaba Merlin Yaya Nacho Clichy

If Delph were fit he would be a real option here for his industry i feel.

That may explain a lot ;)

Also, I though Delph was fit? If so would be good to have on the bench. Touré, Sagna and Aguero bailed us out last time we played Watford so hopefully Yaya can do something similar again.

Any win will do.

Last edited:
We started the season with a back 4 where just the fullbacks or the centre halves spread out and moved up when Bravo had the ball. Seemed to work. I'd like to go back to that.

PEP: (On changing style following Leicester defeat) No. No way. We are going to play the way I feel.

PEP: I believe in the way I like to play, I am sorry. If I cannot do that, the chairman will decide. But there’s no way I will change.

PEP: Of course I have to adapt, but that doesn’t mean I change the way I believe. You have to play in this kind of way. It’s the best way.

PEP: I thought maybe it would be shorter to adapt but I am pretty sure it will happen. If people want me to fail, there’s nothing I can say.

PEP: Here you have to control the second ball. Without that you cannot survive. We were able to do it earlier in the season.

PEP: (Yaya) is ready to play. He is in squad as normal.

PEP: Watford can play with five or four at the back. I like their strikers. They area really good on set pieces. They are confident.

PEP: The last month we have to accept it’s not going well. The last games at home we didn’t win. I don’t have a defence.

The crux of the problem. Even Pep admits it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.