Watford post match thread

Remind me where I ever tried to dress anything up from MP BUT Facts are Facts we were losing 1-0 the manager made the changes we won 2-1 Let us rejoice for fucks sake
Fine, but that change affected f**k all, apart from nearly conceding again, almost right away, and Bony did next to sod all when he came on anyway.

I'm happy we won, but that sub wasn't the cause, however much you like Pellegrini, and I do.

I know there's a couple of games still to be played tomorrow, but over the christmas 3 games, who in the PL has the best results so far ?
I'll give you a clue, one of them starts with Manchester, and doesn't end with united, and only Spurs can beat them with a win tomorrow.

How many times did I read on here Pellers is unable to react when in trouble, being inflexible and unwilling to learn? Well now he did. And still he didn't impact the match? Amusing.

He could have brought Bony for Sergio. No impact really? Maybe the outcome would have been the same. I doubt though.

Anyway who cares. City started scoring away again! And Sergio scored the winner!! What could have been better? Sergio back in form will take a lot of pressure off Bony, Sterling and KDB. I expect a positive effect in the coming matches.

Such a turn around is extremely important for the Blues. They will remember this match for the rest of the season. And our opponents might as well.

Fine, but that change affected f**k all, apart from nearly conceding again, almost right away, and Bony did next to sod all when he came on anyway.

I'm happy we won, but that sub wasn't the cause, however much you like Pellegrini, and I do.

Navas gave us more balance, Bony gave us an aerial target for their defence to think about.

Navas gave us more balance, Bony gave us an aerial target for their defence to think about.
Perhaps, and I'm not going to argue the point, but neither Navas nor Bony had much impact on the game for me, and putting Fernandhino at CB nearly cost us another goal right away, because he wasn't in front of the back four stopping them, and because he isn't a CB, he didn't defend very well.
2-0 would have been game over.

Perhaps, and I'm not going to argue the point, but neither Navas nor Bony had much impact on the game for me, and putting Fernandhino at CB nearly cost us another goal right away, because he wasn't in front of the back four stopping them, and because he isn't a CB, he didn't defend very well.
2-0 would have been game over.

Navas passed the ball to Sagna for his cross. Not a direct impact but we do generally look better when he's playing iMO.

Bony - gave us a presence in the box that we were lacking. For example, Kolarov tried to find him with the cross that lead to the corner for the first goal.

Fernandinho at CB - made two interceptions in quick succession that stopped an attack and won possession that lead to the 2nd goal.

Navas - got the ball off Fernandinho and took it half the length of the field before giving it to Sagna to cross for the goal. Pace and directness we were lacking.

I'd say the changes Pellegrini made today had an absolutely enormous effect on the outcome of the game.

Just got in blues I was here when we were proper shit a lot of us were but from reading this a lot weren't sorry

Bony - gave us a presence in the box that we were lacking. For example, Kolarov tried to find him with the cross that lead to the corner for the first goal.

Fernandinho at CB - made two interceptions in quick succession that stopped an attack and won possession that lead to the 2nd goal.

Navas - got the ball off Fernandinho and took it half the length of the field before giving it to Sagna to cross for the goal. Pace and directness we were lacking.

I'd say the changes Pellegrini made today had an absolutely enormous effect on the outcome of the game.
Definitely not a Pellegrini fan, but to be fair, I agree the changes he made today were the right ones. Was really disappointed with our creative trio today - they produced very little and lost the ball far too often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.