We are the worst fans in the league

Didsbury Dave said:
You get plenty of daft kneejerk reactions on Bluemoon, but you get plenty of sensible ones too.

It's no different to going to the pub after the game. In fact it's probably more moderate on here.

I get irritated with this fantasy notion that Bluemoon is full of insurgents.

You're picking parts of what i say and leafing over the rest. I certainly enver mentioned any form of "insurgents".

RobbieBrewer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
1)All forums for all clubs are always the same. People get emotional. And there are daft people and clever people. Go and look at any other club's forum, who played tonight.

2) Our squad is as good as most in the top 4. For someone to say "we're not that good", and insinuate we should expect to lose to Spurs, is showingt a lack of understanding of the game.

3) See answer 1. It's ludicrous to say we're the best fans in the world, and it's certainly ludicrous to say we're the worst.

Amen,brother.The Hughes dilemma.Great scout,but a piss poor tactician.
We have the best squad of players outside Chelsea-and I also count the rags in that.They are just not being deployed correctly-the defending in particular is totally amateurish with stupid,basic errors being commited virtually every game despite the change in personel.Tonight looked like the worst aspects of Keegan's teams at times.

I've been sat on the fence for ages desperately wanting Hughes to succeed and disprove what my head's been telling me for months-that when we need to pull off a result,the guy will always come up short at the top level.I just feel he lacks that 20% extra that seaprates the "top" men from the rest.

Tonight has finally confirmed that for me.

I totally agree with that post. I think we have a better squad than Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. We've beaten Chelsea and Arsenal and scared the shit out of United and Liverpool, to add evidence to that.

We just aren't working as a unit at all. You can only blame the manager.

Didsbury Dave said:
I totally agree with that post. I think we have a better squad than Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. We've beaten Chelsea and Arsenal and scared the shit out of United and Liverpool, to add evidence to that.

I'd say Arsenal are on a par with us squad wise.

Only blame the manager? So why did we play so well agaisnt the big teams? Its the same manager. The players are deffiantely not immune from criticism, otherwise they'd be consistent in thier performances.

GStar said:
bizzbo said:
oh just fuck off then

:)

Sometimes bizzbo, your words; they hurt! ;)

that's why I threw in a friendly smiley

you c*nt

:)

seriously, if we'd obviously been doing well, then I would agree, then you'd be right, it would be 'outrageously pathetic'... but a lot of us have become more and more concerned over the past 6 weeks. everyone has their own tipping point, and we all need to let it out. better here than booing on the terraces, or fighting in the pubs.

tonight was a BIG game, and a BIG disappointment. hughes did fuck it up tonight, as did the players. so you get a big reaction.

I mean, you say, where are the outers when we win, and that's fair enough, except most of them are keeping quiet hoping they will be proved wrong in the next match as well... but apart from a few, the inners aren't around tonight either. fair play for sticking around, but it'd go down better here if you defended your position, rather than knocking perfectly good, ordinary fans. the hughes supporters are a good lot. I respect nearly all of them. In fact I admire them for their stickability, even if it pains me that they would give the guy enough time and money to really make a mockery out of our club, if things got any worse. Still some of their arguments are perfectly valid, despite tonight's debacle. try to remember that 95% of the critics genuinely feel they are protecting the best interests of their club, just like you do. We feel hurt by what's happening, the money spent feels like a responsibility to perform, not an entitlement to success, and as far as we are concerned, there is an obvious way to try to change things for the better. No guarantees of success, but the odds look very favourable to us. I defended the guy to the hilt last year. TBH i resent him for it, I made arguments in his support against my better judgement. I even softened my position earlier this week, thought about laying off him until the end of the season, but then I woke up and realised that I couldn't honestly say I had faith in him to come good, because as far as I am concerned, there are huge short-comings in what he is doing that outweigh his good points. even a couple of wins now isn't going to change that, I think it'd be the same as last year, a mild upswing before the malaise sets in again.

anyway, good on yer for your positivity. that's the word. positivity. I like and admire it, we need your sort to balance out the moaners like me...

Didsbury Dave said:
GStar said:
Sometimes bizzbo, your words; they hurt! ;)

I said it wasn't literal, but the reactions tonight have been outrageously pathetic, imo, of course. I didn't get that insinuation, i got that it meant people were acting like simply because we've spent "X" amount we should be entitled to expect to beat a team 'like Spurs'.

You get plenty of daft kneejerk reactions on Bluemoon, but you get plenty of sensible ones too.

It's no different to going to the pub after the game. In fact it's probably more moderate on here.

I get irritated with this fantasy notion that Bluemoon is full of insurgents.

I think that that a movement of insurgent anti-insurgents should rise up against the insurgents. But i've had a few pints and it might be a knee jerk reaction and not very sensible.

GStar said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'd say Arsenal are on a par with us squad wise.

Only blame the manager? So why did we play so well agaisnt the big teams? Its the same manager. The players are deffiantely not immune from criticism, otherwise they'd be consistent in thier performances.

The manager buys the players, trains the players, picks the players, moulds them into a unit, teaches them tactics and motivates them.

If one player is underperforming you look to what's going wrong for him.

If the team is underperforming you look at the manager.

The last City manager who tried to deflect blame from himslef to "the players" was Alan Ball.

The manager carries the can. Yes, we've shown what we're capable of in the big games, when the crowd ae roaring and the whole of Britain are watching on sky. But on the shit days, when the crowd are comatose and we're up against some relegation candidates, we've failed.

Why is that?

bizzbo said:
seriously, if we'd obviously been doing well, then I would agree, then you'd be right, it would be 'outrageously pathetic'... but a lot of us have become more and more concerned over the past 6 weeks. everyone has their own tipping point, and we all need to let it out. better here than booing on the terraces, or fighting in the pubs.

tonight was a BIG game, and a BIG disappointment. hughes did fuck it up tonight, as did the players. so you get a big reaction.

I mean, you say, where are the outers when we win, and that's fair enough, except most of them are keeping quiet hoping they will be proved wrong in the next match as well... but apart from a few, the inners aren't around tonight either. fair play for sticking around, but it'd go down better here if you defended your position, rather than knocking perfectly good, ordinary fans. the hughes supporters are a good lot. I respect nearly all of them. In fact I admire them for their stickability, even if it pains me that they would give the guy enough time and money to really make a mockery out of our club, if things got any worse. Still some of their arguments are perfectly valid, despite tonight's debacle. try to remember that 95% of the critics genuinely feel they are protecting the best interests of their club, just like you do. We feel hurt by what's happening, the money spent feels like a responsibility to perform, not an entitlement to success, and as far as we are concerned, there is an obvious way to try to change things for the better. No guarantees of success, but the odds look very favourable to us. I defended the guy to the hilt last year. TBH i resent him for it, I made arguments in his support against my better judgement. I even softened my position earlier this week, thought about laying off him until the end of the season, but then I woke up and realised that I couldn't honestly say I had faith in him to come good, because as far as I am concerned, there are huge short-comings in what he is doing that outweigh his good points. even a couple of wins now isn't going to change that, I think it'd be the same as last year, a mild upswing before the malaise sets in again.

anyway, good on yer for your positivity. that's the word. positivity. I like and admire it, we need your sort to balance out the moaners like me...

I've not been an "Inner" for sometime mate, i've been gathering splinters whilst slowly falling into the "Out" side since Liverpool.

My objection was just with the threads berating players for no reason; the Sylvinho one for example, or the Elano one or the one suggesting which new managers but failing to see how thier view of our club and then thier view of the manager they want makes the two incompatible.

Both sides do have valid arguements, but theyre generally lost in the mounds of filth that is flung on here, which is a real shame, and the crux of what i was trying to say.

P10GIOK said:
Win - Best team in the league. Hughes outers hide. Everything is fine
Lose - Hughes out. Hughes outers come out and say its a disgrace etc etc. The worlds going to end

Get real we are not that good. We can't expect to go anywhere and just turn up and win. Some of you remind me of the players on our team at the moment.

Spot on.. a few need to wake up and realise that

Didsbury Dave said:
The manager buys the players, trains the players, picks the players, moulds them into a unit, teaches them tactics and motivates them.

If one player is underperforming you look to what's going wrong for him.

If the team is underperforming you look at the manager.

The last City manager who tried to deflect blame from himslef to "the players" was Alan Ball.

The manager carries the can. Yes, we've shown what we're capable of in the big games, when the crowd ae roaring and the whole of Britain are watching on sky. But on the shit days, when the crowd are comatose and we're up against some relegation candidates, we've failed.

Why is that?

If i could answer that i'd be Uefa qualified and far away from this forum (in a posting sense, i'd obviously lurk for all the tactical nouse on dispaly) ;)

But again, i feel like you've missed what i was saying. The team hasn't underperformed consistently; if that was the case i'd agree, with our talent you can do no more than blame the manager.

But we matched Utd for most of the game, outclassed Chelsea completely yet let a team who couldn't score for treacle put three past us and then lay down and die against one of our biggest rivals for fourth spot.

The fluxuation in performances means theres no way this is solely on the managers shoulders, there has to be some blame shouldered by the players, because they've managed to perform with this manager, so theres no excuse once they've shown what they're capable of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.