We need a United win...

i think DZEKO will hit the ground running,and i feel he could be the deciding factor,but such a strong strike force we have got to be knocking on gammon chops door!!!

as my grandad used to say " i wouldnt want them to win a game of tiddlewinks"
draw be perfect

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Here me out, the grander scheme of things.

Spuds play Manure at White Hart Lane next week, we play Wolves at home.

On the face of it, we always want United to lose and we could do above United with a defeat and a win for us.

But surely a United and City win keeps the current status quo and Spuds would be nine points behind us with a game in hand.

I hate thinking as above but I do. We WONT win the league this season, United's experience will win the day, but NEXT SEASON is a whole different ball game. Getting top 4 is so so important to city that us winning and spurs losing, we will have 1 foot in the Champions League. Once we get CL we will be a different club and team all together. Top 4 and cup win is the order of the day.

The best thing for us is for the top 3 to break away from Chelsea & Spurs. If we can become established in a CL spot well before the end of the season the pressure will diminish. The longer the top 5 are bunched together, the longer the pressure will remain on us.

If we establish ourselves in the top 2 or 3, at that stage we can go all out for the title. A title challenge would only be realistic if united hit a bad spell, which is most likely to happen when the CL hots up in Feb/March.

So yes, we need a united win.

It's a win win either way but I would rather cement a top 4 finish and keep Spurs at bay. So a rag win is preferable.

Sorry TH, just can't stomach any rags win, in fact I hope Spurs absolutely batter them, they need to be taken down a peg or two, their smugness and arrogance knows no bounds, everyone keeps saying they are playing badly but will get better, I hope the opposite is true and they in fact go on a real run of bad results and lady luck finally deserts that rag infested ship of theirs.
Our position in the league will be determined by how we play, if it is good enough, hopefully we will get Champions League I don't want to rely on any other team to achieve that object.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Here me out, the grander scheme of things.

Spuds play Manure at White Hart Lane next week, we play Wolves at home.

On the face of it, we always want United to lose and we could do above United with a defeat and a win for us.

But surely a United and City win keeps the current status quo and Spuds would be nine points behind us with a game in hand.

agreed but you have go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down in my estimation.
tusk, itk's todays eh, dont know they're born.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.