We now need to sign a big name more than ever...

In those instances I am not saying Hughes is the only reason we didn't succeed, but I firmly believe he is a factor, and I cannot understand how he couldn't be!

We are not in Europe
We are not in the Champions League
We haven't won anything in 30 odd years.

We need to convince these players we are serious about challenging and soon, so when these players stop to think how serious we are and see we have a manager with NO track record for success at any managerial level what do you think they think?

I have been a City fan since I was six and even I fucking doubt how serious we are while he is in charge, so how can we expect players to be convinced otherwise?

SalfordCityBlue said:
In those instances I am not saying Hughes is the only reason we didn't succeed, but I firmly believe he is a factor, and I cannot understand how he couldn't be!

We are not in Europe

We need to convince these players we are serious about challenging and soon, so when these players stop to think how serious we are and see we have a manager with NO track record for success at any managerial level what do you think they think?

I have been a City fan since I was six and even I fucking doubt how serious we are while he is in charge, so how can we expect players to be convinced otherwise?

Fucking hell, you're blaming Hughes for them??! :D

Damocles said:
Fucking hell, you're blaming Hughes for them??! :D

lol, clearly no... Just listing other reasons why we didn't get the players we went for beside Hughes...

Although he did have a hand in some of our failures while playing for the dark side.

I am just frustrated that I feel we are treading water waiting for the axe to (inevitably) fall and venting my spleen on here as each setback is a painful reminder.

Apologies.

SalfordCityBlue said:

We are not in Europe

How do you expect any UK manager to ever succeed then? Shall we just keep importing managers and never allow our own to gain the success they deserve?

Moyes, Hughes, Bruce, all these I think could have a real future at the highest level, but simply aren't given the chance by teams like Chelsea who go for a new "big name" import every season.

Frankly, I think we should stop importing these Spanish "big names" players and instead try and develop some more of our own, and I have respect for the prem teams that do the same with managers.

Hell, this is the EPL, the champions leagure would make a lot more sense if we had more English players taking part in the EPL teams in it.

Naws said:
How do you expect any UK manager to ever succeed then? Shall we just keep importing managers and never allow our own to gain the success they deserve?

Moyes, Hughes, Bruce, all these I think could have a real future at the highest level, but simply aren't given the chance by teams like Chelsea who go for a new "big name" import every season.

Frankly, I think we should stop importing these Spanish "big names" and instead try and develop some more of our own, and I have respect for the prem teams that do the same with managers.

I don't care where a manager is from - couldn't give a flying squirrel's cock.

Best man or woman you can get for the job, every single time.

Hughes can learn his trade elsewhere - somewhere where he isn't damaging our club - then when he is the best man for the job (if ever) he can come back if you like!

dancity19 said:
I know a lot of people have said we have left the Eto deal with our heads held high, but the fact is, we have tried to sign him, and havn't pulled it off. The same goes for Kaka. People will thus be looking at us, and thinking we go for these players, but are yet to get one...

The top players in the world will be falling over themselves to play for City in the not too distant future...especially when we qualify for the Chumps league.
Remember a few years back when Chelski had exactly the same problem and had to pay a premium (fee + wages) to get players in.
Once established it was much easier for Chelski.

Scary thing is, once we are established in the top 4, we can move things on again to a completely new level...no wonder Benitez is having sleepless nights!!! ;-)

There really are some sh*t fans on here. Why is it every time anything vaguely negative happens it is turned into 'hughes out'?!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Naws said:

Frankly, I think we should stop importing these Spanish "big names" and instead try and develop some more of our own, and I have respect for the prem teams that do the same with managers.

I don't care where a manager is from - couldn't give a flying squirrel's cock.

Best man or woman you can get for the job, every single time.

Hughes can learn his trade elsewhere - somewhere where he isn't damaging our club - then when he is the best man for the job (if ever) he can come back if you like!

He did all he could with Wales, he did all he could with Blackburn (look at them since, 2 managers and almost got relegated with the same squad!), exactly what would he have to do to be ready in your eyes? Break the top 4 with Blackburn? lol.

smiles said:
There really are some sh*t fans on here. Why is it every time anything vaguely negative happens it is turned into 'hughes out'?!

Thanks, I love you too.

Perhaps it is because some people want Hughes out? Just a guess...

Naws said:
He did all he could with Wales, he did all he could with Blackburn (look at them since, 2 managers and almost got relegated with the same squad!), exactly what would he have to do to be ready in your eyes? Break the top 4 with Blackburn? lol.

Spend over £100m with City and not finish in a lower spot than the year before would have been a good start lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.