Wearing your City top in public

Having just returned from holiday in Spain , the majority of shirts on sale were old Messi tops and Haaland city shirts. Saw very few tops being worn of any clubs but spotted 3 or 4 from City - not a single united top. Youngest lad wore his top a fair amount and not a peep although he is a big lad. Did have an ongoing battle in local shop ensuring the Haaland tops were in front of the Messi ones and trying to explain to the missus why its not a sign of immaturity but a matter of principle.
Lol, yeah, i would have been the same ... moving the Haaland shirts in front of the Messi ones.

Only place I sensed a little bit of awkwardness was in Thailand - reckon that was some Thaksin-related baggage.
Thailand ? my mrs is Thai and I'v been many many times and never had any shit, its split 45% rag 45 % scousers and 10 % the rest over there imho. All my inlaws go quiet when I'm there cos they know how important City is to me and
especially my lad,their cousin,grandson etc but they're all liverpool fans.
The Thais are non confrontational by their very nature and culture.

Thailand ? my mrs is Thai and I'v been many many times and never had any shit, its split 45% rag 45 % scousers and 10 % the rest over there imho. All my inlaws go quiet when I'm there cos they know how important City is to me and
especially my lad,their cousin,grandson etc but they're all liverpool fans.
The Thais are non confrontational by their very nature and culture.
Don't disagree mate - like I say it was just the odd funny look and since it was around the time Thaksin was being jailed so I just put two and two and together (and may have got five)

Don't disagree mate - like I say it was just the odd funny look and since it was around the time Thaksin was being jailed so I just put two and two and together (and may have got five)
that odd funny look,was maybe a silent nod of approval and support,they may have been Issan,thaksins heartland,
and were afraid to say owt.

that odd funny look,was maybe a silent nod of approval and support,they may have been Issan,thaksins heartland,
and were afraid to say owt.
I was in Phuket that time but with so many Issan people travelling for work you might well be right. Not as familiar as you to the country but been to Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Samet over the years and loved it.

I was in Phuket that time but with so many Issan people travelling for work you might well be right. Not as familiar as you to the country but been to Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Samet over the years and loved it.
Ok,its always tickled me when they do get the courage to say owt to you ,when they notice your City top,and say
" blue ship " in English . chok dee khrap .

I use city condoms when I'm out and about.

But seriously as 1 of 5? In a school in Salford didn't wear gear much, but wouldn't have started fights really if I did. Wore my hat recently and got a few comments off them, "you're shit etc", but reminded them were better. Some of them forget it's not 2007.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.