Welbeck vs Balotelli

Davs 19 said:
Can't believe that this ha reached 14 pages........I'm not helping am I :(

Well from the looks of it , its 14 pages that agree with me (well at least 95%) saw the lad today at work and he's still hurting from it and now claims he only compared cause I called Welbeck shit!! I think he's finally took his rose tinted glasses off!!

shikariblue said:
nashark said:
I've played with and against Welbeck and obviously at that level, he was a monster purely because of his athleticism. At this level, along with Balotelli, they're both pretty ordinary.

Balotelli has Welbeck's athleticism but when he cuts in on his right, Balotelli has one of the best shots in the game. Other than that, if you consider the importance of first touch and being able to pass, that's not enough - they're both substandard. They obviously have a certain bit of talent, but the game's no longer about athlete's. You can cheat the stats for a while, but you'll eventually get found out. Balotelli's lucky he has somebody who has a lot of faith in him in Mancini. I don't think many other top level managers would want anything to do with him.

What Welbeck has over Balotelli is reliability, work-rate and probably intelligence (though by no means is he a clever player), all drummed into him from being brought up in England.

Welbeck's more of a man as well, but Balotelli is more talented.

So Balotelli is your ordinary 21 year old striker? Haha.

For some reason, I think the main point of this post was to boast about how you have played with Welbeck. Stupid.

lol, I was thinking the same.

For me I've seen enough of Balotelli at City to be of the opinion that he's clearly got the ability to be up there with the world's top strikers. His goal against Villa was a great example of what he's capable of

Welbeck is a good player, He's actually better than Andy Carroll whom Liverpool pay 35 million pound for. he is not a special player, he's a player that does everything fairly well(not great).

Balotelli is a Top class player with the potential to be the best player in the world. he has qualities(match winning) that only great players have had.

So it is not fair to compare Welbeck to balotelli as Balotelli is a class above(maybe two). A better comparison would be between Shrek and Mario but that's for another thread.

nashark said:
Skashion said:
nashark is the one who doesn't look intelligent here by citing Mourinho. It's clear to see that Mourinho was not complaining about his footballing intelligence but more his emotional intelligence. The example he points to was that he was 'static' against Barcelona.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3072874/Jose-Mourinho-warns-Manchester-City-over-Mario-Balotelli.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... telli.html</a>

Mourinho says that Balotelli didn't defend because 'sometimes he does not know how to use his brain'.

That suggests to me that Mourinho thinks Balotelli is not bright enough to understand that that situation (against Barca) required him getting behind the ball and defending for his team. That intelligence is solely related to football.

Another example. In the charity shield, we were 2-1 up against United. Their fans were making plenty of noise and we were under lots of pressure. Finally, we get the ball. Balotelli, instead of retaining possession by playing a simple pass and slowing the game right down, has an absolute horror touch giving the ball straight back to United from which they eventually scored. That was an error purely because he struggles to read the game.

There are plenty more examples. The backheel in preseason.

His game is littered with it. That some people can't see it is not mine or Mourinho's problem.

You've somehow managed to take the word 'sometimes' and extrapolate that to 'always', yes Mario does sometimes make the wrong choices in his runs and positions etc but equally he sometimes makes the right choices, for example when he made space for himself on the edge of the area v everton that was not somebody who fails to read the game. With more experience and game time that side of his game will improve and for me he is improving, doing more right than wrong although he does sometimes slip back into the mario of last season.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Ok I need some help here, I believe I may actually becoming bias and my blue specs permanently stuck to my face.....

I recieved a text from a work mate regarding the England vs Spain game..... Anyway into it Welbeck warms up to come on so my mate was hyping him to which I replied "Danny Wellshit?"

Fuck me BIG mistake he went off it, stating Welbeck is "class" and has scored the same amount of goals as Balo (He brought up Balo because I always go on about how class he is) which I think isn't true as I'm pretty sure Balo has scored more....

Anyway I stated Balo has indeed scored more and that both cannot be compared as they are "different class" then I pointed out he should watch Marios goal from yesterdays Italy vs Poland friendly...

I'm apparently "full of shit" for saying that Mario and Welbeck are incomparable as they "both play for top clubs in the same league" and also pointing out "he (Mario) isn't even first choice for City or Italy"

To end the argument I tried to state that Marios behaviour has been the key factor for his lack of gaming for City (in the past) as well as Italy and that the fact Mario spent his whole time at Inter before going to City and the fact Welbeck spent his time on loan at Sunderland proves which is the better class (surely that's a reasonable statement?)

Theres more to the argument but I'm sure you don't want to sit there reading all about it, but it made me think maybe I've gotten to the point where I think some of our players can't be compared to other players..... Maybe Mario and Welbeck are in the same league?

My opinion is though that Balotelli us up here and welbeck is down there

FFS. You are a fool. Welbeck and Cleverly are WORLD CLASS! As is De Gea, Jones, Young and Smalling.

Welbeck was unplayable in the 6-1 derby and if Cleverly played it would have been 7-6 to the rags.

Balotelli will own Welbeck any day

Welbeck was England U21 material, but he definitely does not cut it for senior squad caps, sub at the very most.

Welbeck is not clinically great in front of the net and he doesn't create his own chances. This season he scored his goals because of the great passes Rags have luckily strewn together.

just look at the video game ratings you'll see why, Mario is already up into the 80s at 20. Welbeck is about the same age and still in the 70s.

end of argument period

SamTheGuru said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Ok I need some help here, I believe I may actually becoming bias and my blue specs permanently stuck to my face.....

I recieved a text from a work mate regarding the England vs Spain game..... Anyway into it Welbeck warms up to come on so my mate was hyping him to which I replied "Danny Wellshit?"

Fuck me BIG mistake he went off it, stating Welbeck is "class" and has scored the same amount of goals as Balo (He brought up Balo because I always go on about how class he is) which I think isn't true as I'm pretty sure Balo has scored more....

Anyway I stated Balo has indeed scored more and that both cannot be compared as they are "different class" then I pointed out he should watch Marios goal from yesterdays Italy vs Poland friendly...

I'm apparently "full of shit" for saying that Mario and Welbeck are incomparable as they "both play for top clubs in the same league" and also pointing out "he (Mario) isn't even first choice for City or Italy"

To end the argument I tried to state that Marios behaviour has been the key factor for his lack of gaming for City (in the past) as well as Italy and that the fact Mario spent his whole time at Inter before going to City and the fact Welbeck spent his time on loan at Sunderland proves which is the better class (surely that's a reasonable statement?)

Theres more to the argument but I'm sure you don't want to sit there reading all about it, but it made me think maybe I've gotten to the point where I think some of our players can't be compared to other players..... Maybe Mario and Welbeck are in the same league?

My opinion is though that Balotelli us up here and welbeck is down there

FFS. You are a fool. Welbeck and Cleverly are WORLD CLASS! As is De Gea, Jones, Young and Smalling.

Welbeck was unplayable in the 6-1 derby and if Cleverly played it would have been 7-6 to the rags.

You mean it would of been 7-1 to the rags?? Cleverly along would of prevented 5 goals through his sheer quality!!

It's a no contest. I've seen very little from welbeck other than a young lad with a good attitude who's sky high on confidence and is putting himself about a bit. He won't cut it at united. Balotelli is one of the most promising young strikers in world football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.