Welbeck vs Balotelli

Blue Hefner said:
Welbeck will score a few tap ins for United over the next season or so and then get a transefer(with inflation due to his United association) and then fall, pretty quickly down the league ala Greening, Richardson and most of United's other 'top' prospects

-- Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 pm --

Welbeck will score a few tap ins for United over the next season or so and then get a transefer(with inflation due to his United association) and then fall, pretty quickly down the league ala Greening, Richardson and most of United's other 'top' prospects

This ^^^^

Skashion said:
nashark is the one who doesn't look intelligent here by citing Mourinho. It's clear to see that Mourinho was not complaining about his footballing intelligence but more his emotional intelligence. The example he points to was that he was 'static' against Barcelona.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3072874/Jose-Mourinho-warns-Manchester-City-over-Mario-Balotelli.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... telli.html</a>

Mourinho says that Balotelli didn't defend because 'sometimes he does not know how to use his brain'.

That suggests to me that Mourinho thinks Balotelli is not bright enough to understand that that situation (against Barca) required him getting behind the ball and defending for his team. That intelligence is solely related to football.

Another example. In the charity shield, we were 2-1 up against United. Their fans were making plenty of noise and we were under lots of pressure. Finally, we get the ball. Balotelli, instead of retaining possession by playing a simple pass and slowing the game right down, has an absolute horror touch giving the ball straight back to United from which they eventually scored. That was an error purely because he struggles to read the game.

There are plenty more examples. The backheel in preseason.

His game is littered with it. That some people can't see it is not mine or Mourinho's problem.

nashark said:
Skashion said:
nashark is the one who doesn't look intelligent here by citing Mourinho. It's clear to see that Mourinho was not complaining about his footballing intelligence but more his emotional intelligence. The example he points to was that he was 'static' against Barcelona.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3072874/Jose-Mourinho-warns-Manchester-City-over-Mario-Balotelli.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... telli.html</a>

Mourinho says that Balotelli didn't defend because 'sometimes he does not know how to use his brain'.

That suggests to me that Mourinho thinks Balotelli is not bright enough to understand that that situation (against Barca) required him getting behind the ball and defending for his team. That intelligence is solely related to football.

Another example. In the charity shield, we were 2-1 up against United. Their fans were making plenty of noise and we were under lots of pressure. Finally, we get the ball. Balotelli, instead of retaining possession by playing a simple pass and slowing the game right down, has an absolute horror touch giving the ball straight back to United from which they eventually scored. That was an error purely because he struggles to read the game.

His game is littered with it. That some people can't see it is not mine or Mourinho's problem.

Have you watched him since then? It really doesn't seem like you have. He's now doing exactly what Mourinho wanted him to do (tracking back, working hard, not losing his head during games etc) and has improved every other area of his game, including his temperament.

Your obvious dislike of Balo (the person) is clouding your judgement about his footballing ability.

Mourinho, great manager/coach as he undoubtedly is, has his limitations.

I wouldn't treat him as the absolute authority on a player's "intelligence".

From what I've seen/read, Balotelli may be rather more intelligent, and not just in a footballing sense, than many of his critics on this forum.

Frank H said:
Mourinho, great manager/coach as he undoubtedly is, has his limitations.

I wouldn't treat him as the absolute authority on a player's "intelligence".

From what I've seen/read, Balotelli may be rather more intelligent, and not just in a footballing sense, than many of his critics on this forum.

And I wouldn't exactly say Mourinho is the most intelligent man either, given his outbursts at the media and match officials, the Barca "conspiracy," attacking opposing players and coaching staff etc

Comparing Welbeck to Balo is ludicrous and unacceptable. Balotelli has the potential to be the best in the world whereas Welbeck will probably end up at Sunderland...permanently.

nashark said:

Alright, so he was complaining about his pace then. Well the guy's not worth listening to then. Problem solved.

Mourinho definitely doesn't agree with you about him being ordinary though no matter how you slice it. One of the best players in the world at 50%, and even in the article you linked to he said he has 'incredible qualities'. I will take your judgement on this one though as I'd bet my life he's never played a game of football with Welbeck. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.