Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m gagging for the new season to begin. Haaland, Alvarez and possibly a further 2 new signing. Add to that, a settled in Grealish. Foden even more improvement. Palmer getting more game time and showing us all what a fantastic 1st team player he can be. McAtee hopefully breaking through to become a proper squad player. Thats just for starters.
I'm interested to see if Pep is more willing to give youth a chance in the league next season after winning 4 in 5. Probably doubtful but I do wonder if he goes all out for CL next season.

I'm interested to see if Pep is more willing to give youth a chance in the league next season after winning 4 in 5. Probably doubtful but I do wonder if he goes all out for CL next season.
I’ve always had the belief that we would see more game time for the academy lads the more successful we become. But then again, Pep has the chance of winning three in a row which we’ve never done before, then it could be four in a row which I don’t thinks been done before, not in the premier league era anyway. There’s also the argument that while you’re on top and dominating you can’t become complacent, taking advantage of our strong position will keep bringing the trophies in. I think the only chance of Pep giving a lot more game time to the academy lads if the Liverpool aren’t as strong as previous seasons.

On another note, that goal from Haaland last night is everything we’ve needed for two years. The guy is a freak, built like a machine and fast as any player. We haven’t really done well as a countering attacking unit these past few years, although I feel that’s down to Peps tactics, but his presence will give our counter attacks new life. Can’t wait for the season to start, really looking forward to seeing Alvarez who I thinks going to go under the radar of many yet be an absolute superstar.

This team have 4 out of the last 5 league titles, the last title by 1 point.

It would be reckless in the extreme to try and push kids who aren`t up to that level into starting a game for the first team.

That being said I`d like to see our better kids put in when we`ve put the game to bed by being 3 or 4 goals up with 30 minutes to go.

To get it done so he can have his holidays after the internationals before pre season starts. He can just come in when he's due back from his break and start work, seems obvious to me.
Or he could have done it when he got back, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.