Welcome Jack Grealish!

Just watched his interview on the City website. He really does come across really well, I thought he was a bit of a tosser but i'm actually really pleasantly surprised. I definitely thought he'd be a great signing but after listening to his interview and how he comes across I can't wait to watch him play in sky blue.
So just to be clear, you didn’t like him until he signed for City?

I didn't come across too many bellend Villa fans at Wembley to be honest and gave a young villa fan who was with his mam and dad on the tube the benefit of my experience and told him to keep the faith as I had to wait 31 years before seeing City lift a decent bit of silverware in 2011, felt a bit sorry for that lad today when the deal went through as when I asked him who his favourite player was it was Grealish. I think you'll be ok without him, Ings, Bailey and Buendia are 3 solid signings. All the best for the new season
In 1979 a 7 year old me told Nicky Reid, new Junior Blues president that my favourite player was Peter Barnes - he kindly didn't tell me we'd sold him just days before.

That's why I've boycotted SKYSPORTS and certain radio station only certain teams are allow to sign the superstars if anyone else does it then its the end of the world to them.

I think what maybe pisses them off more is City and Villa seem to do there business how it should be done, and in private, both teams enquiry and find out the price and then pay it, unlike some teams that low ball ie United, spurs etc.

Still makes me laugh when we got promoted, spurs came in for grealish and were told 25 million, they offered josh onamah and 3 million lol, then on last day of window came back with the 25 million, but our new owners told them where to go or levy where to go lol.

The press had no idea about Ings to villa, we inquired on Monday and was told a price, we agreed and then it was done and dusted before anyone knew.

players come and go, as fans we just need to enjoy them while they are will us, even homegrown players, it's a job to them, they will always be fans but they have to put there career 1st.

Not matter how much it may hurt to lose them, that's why I don't get attached to a player, I've loved watching Jack develop and will watch from a far how he continues, but no player is bigger than there club.

As I've said in previous post in the transfer thread, I lost my 19 year old son to suicide December 2019, and since then nothing else matter but family.

Sorry for rattling on

Again you're spot on. The bias towards the old guard is incredible and woe betide anyone who dares challenge the little darlings.

We've got and had so many quality players just lately, although it hurts when one leaves, we move and and still prosper.

Jesus sorry about your son that's bloody horrible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.