Well done Aleks...

My view on Kolarov? Not the 100% perfect left back, nor is Clichy. Not much between them and with either one in the team in any game it doesn't worry me one bit.

Just a few questions:
1 - How many teams have a better COUPLE of leftbacks than us? Chelsea come closest.
2 - In an attacking style would you prefer a leftback that is better at defending or at attacking? Pellegrini prefers the attacking style defender.
3 - Finally, can the ones that point out we need a better left back actually comes up with a name of a player that we can realistically go for?

pudge said:
taconinja said:
pudge said:
He might want to review it if that's the case, if he wishes to shore up the defence.

It's all well and good having your full backs get forward but as others have said, Aleks saunters back into position. If he defended with as much enthusiasm as he bombs forward then he'd be some pup.
I'll take it up with him at our next meeting. ;)

Actually our wing players are doing great so far covering when the fullbacks are well forward. If anything it's the space between the central defenders and the central midfielders that's causing us headaches.
Like I said its his lack of application on the defensive side that irks me. I'd rather players like Nasri and Fernandinho didn't have to cover for the left back who's jogging back into position. For me all he needs is to defend with as much gusto as he attacks.

Of course they need help and the midfielders have to work back too to an extent but too often I've seen him jog back, to help those helping him.

It's not often you see Zabs and Clichy not running up and down the pitch (Is that a double negative?).

Zabaleta gets caught out of position just as much as Kolarov does if not more but Zabaleta has Navas or Milner on his side who constantly cover for him and help him defend and tbf Zaba isn't great going forward, Kolarov goes forward as he is great going forward its just a shame he doesn't have Milner or Navas on his side of the pitch.

100% Zabaleta would not be the defender he is without Milner or Navas and we saw proof of that last season as he got skinned in most matches Milner didn't play and he was caught out of position with counter attacks numerous times with his eagerness to get forward.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am --<br /><br />
citymad said:
NQCitizen said:
I love Aleks because he plays like he loves the game, like a fan would. If he wants to shoot, he'll just shoot. There's a charm in that.

Nothing charming about shooting into row z 90% of the time. The guy is limited and has no right foot which means he is predictable, Great at crossing the ball at times but at the end of the day he's a weak link and we need proper left back that's good with both feet. Clichy is easily a better player but for some reason he's lost a bit of pace this season.

Not this season! Clichy has had 1 good game.

The only fullback pairing I don't like to see is Kolarov and Richards.
Any other permutation is fine by me but if the Clichy/Kolarov hybrid became available I say "go git 'im!"

kippaxchris said:
pudge said:
taconinja said:

Actually our wing players are doing great so far covering when the fullbacks are well forward. If anything it's the space between the central defenders and the central midfielders that's causing us headaches.
Like I said its his lack of application on the defensive side that irks me. I'd rather players like Nasri and Fernandinho didn't have to cover for the left back who's jogging back into position. For me all he needs is to defend with as much gusto as he attacks.

Of course they need help and the midfielders have to work back too to an extent but too often I've seen him jog back, to help those helping him.

It's not often you see Zabs and Clichy not running up and down the pitch (Is that a double negative?).

Zabaleta gets caught out of position just as much as Kolarov does if not more but Zabaleta has Navas or Milner on his side who constantly cover for him and help him defend and tbf Zaba isn't great going forward, Kolarov goes forward as he is great going forward its just a shame he doesn't have Milner or Navas on his side of the pitch.

100% Zabaleta would not be the defender he is without Milner or Navas and we saw proof of that last season as he got skinned in most matches Milner didn't play and he was caught out of position with counter attacks numerous times with his eagerness to get forward.
Zabs has 4 assists this season...

And of course everyone will get caught out of position once in a while but it's what they do to recover that counts then, sauntering back without a care in the world isn't the best thing to do.

Kolarov was very effective at The Hawthorns, not merely with his excellent assist for Yaya's goal but also for his low diagonal passes into the corridor of uncertainty which Aguero and Dzeko came within inches of converting.But he was one of those at fault for conceding the first goal.Still, it was his first mistake of the season .Clichy, a sentimental favourite with many because of his role in the title season, has made a string of mistakes this year.Though Kolarov is more of a Serie A wing-back than anything else, he remains the better option of the two unless and until a top=class left back is signed.

kippaxchris said:
pudge said:
taconinja said:

100% Zabaleta would not be the defender he is without Milner or Navas and we saw proof of that last season as he got skinned in most matches Milner didn't play and he was caught out of position with counter attacks numerous times with his eagerness to get forward.

-- Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am --

citymad said:
NQCitizen said:
I love Aleks because he plays like he loves the game, like a fan would. If he wants to shoot, he'll just shoot. There's a charm in that.

Nothing charming about shooting into row z 90% of the time. The guy is limited and has no right foot which means he is predictable, Great at crossing the ball at times but at the end of the day he's a weak link and we need proper left back that's good with both feet. Clichy is easily a better player but for some reason he's lost a bit of pace this season.

Don't give up your day job- fucking zaba isn't good going forward? He would get skinned without........... ?

Seriously the funniest analysis I've seen since reviewing the pam and tommy video!!!!!!

Agreed completely. Kolarov just not good enough for our current system. Clichy not been on fire but still much better defensively than Kolarov. Zabaleta is effective going forward and one of best defenders in Premier league.

NQCitizen said:

I couldn't agree more. I love the guy.

I really wish I had time to read through the 35 pages on Kolarov but I don't .

What I do know is this guy is the worst footballer I have ever seen .

No passion , dosent give a shit , can't pass (unless its backward) and has cost us time and time again with his inability to stay switched on and defend . People see the odd cross he gets into the box (with pace) and thinks he gives us something .. sorry I don't buy that...

The left back position is a massive problem as Clichy is not the answer either ... on other posts people are asking can we win the league , the answer is we can if we buy a decent left back in January and get through unscathed in the games between now and then .

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
kippaxchris said:
pudge said:

-- Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am --

citymad said:

Don't give up your day job- fucking zaba isn't good going forward? He would get skinned without........... ?

Seriously the funniest analysis I've seen since reviewing the pam and tommy video!!!!!!

I wouldn't even try and get a job if i was you as you clearly can't read, either that or you only glanced at the comments because you have definitely got your stories mixed up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.