Well done Aleks...

JasminBosnia said:
He is OK this season but he is not good enough for MCFC because you know we are going to be a top club.

So he's not good enough for City, and some have said Dzeko is not good enough nor is Garcia, Clichy, nor is Pantilimon, Rodwell, and others, so just who is good enough, and i would put money on it that when we get all these good players, that some will not be good enough after a few games.

I really don't get the Kolarov hate.

He set up a goal and won a penalty...and I wouldn't exactly point a finger at him for either of the goals.

He's been much improved this season, arguably better than Clichy.

I know bluemoon always has to have their whipping boys - and based on form this season I can understand the frustration with Garcia and Dzeko - but in my mind Kolarov has had a good season so far.

pudge said:
holeinone said:
Kolarov is a good player, but with some his face doesn't fit, he is the best crosser of a ball at City, and he is better going forward than defending, but their are some who just look for one mistake and then magnify it.
He's a left back.

Until that stops being used as a positive he'll always have a question mark over him.
For certain tactical setups. For others fullbacks defend about as much as attacking midfielders do. Not necessarily my preference but it appears to be Pellegrini's.

taconinja said:
pudge said:
holeinone said:
Kolarov is a good player, but with some his face doesn't fit, he is the best crosser of a ball at City, and he is better going forward than defending, but their are some who just look for one mistake and then magnify it.
He's a left back.

Until that stops being used as a positive he'll always have a question mark over him.
For certain tactical setups. For others fullbacks defend about as much as attacking midfielders do. Not necessarily my preference but it appears to be Pellegrini's.
He might want to review it if that's the case, if he wishes to shore up the defence.

It's all well and good having your full backs get forward but as others have said, Aleks saunters back into position. If he defended with as much enthusiasm as he bombs forward then he'd be some pup.

pudge said:
taconinja said:
pudge said:
He's a left back.

He might want to review it if that's the case, if he wishes to shore up the defence.

It's all well and good having your full backs get forward but as others have said, Aleks saunters back into position. If he defended with as much enthusiasm as he bombs forward then he'd be some pup.
I'll take it up with him at our next meeting. ;)

Actually our wing players are doing great so far covering when the fullbacks are well forward. If anything it's the space between the central defenders and the central midfielders that's causing us headaches.

taconinja said:
pudge said:
taconinja said:

Actually our wing players are doing great so far covering when the fullbacks are well forward. If anything it's the space between the central defenders and the central midfielders that's causing us headaches.
Like I said its his lack of application on the defensive side that irks me. I'd rather players like Nasri and Fernandinho didn't have to cover for the left back who's jogging back into position. For me all he needs is to defend with as much gusto as he attacks.

Of course they need help and the midfielders have to work back too to an extent but too often I've seen him jog back, to help those helping him.

It's not often you see Zabs and Clichy not running up and down the pitch (Is that a double negative?).

pudge said:
taconinja said:
pudge said:

Like I said its his lack of application on the defensive side that irks me. I'd rather players like Nasri and Fernandinho didn't have to cover for the left back who's jogging back into position. For me all he needs is to defend with as much gusto as he attacks.

Of course they need help and the midfielders have to work back too to an extent but too often I've seen him jog back, to help those helping him.

It's not often you see Zabs and Clichy not running up and down the pitch (Is that a double negative?).
No that's a proper adverbial phrase so you're fine on that count. ;)

I've seen both our fullbacks do the jogging back and both running full throttle. Half the time I suspect Zabaleta sprints back because his central midfield cover (Yaya)... well... I think we know what happens there. I don't disagree with you though to be clear. I think the manager disagrees with us, though.

NQCitizen said:
I love Aleks because he plays like he loves the game, like a fan would. If he wants to shoot, he'll just shoot. There's a charm in that.

Nothing charming about shooting into row z 90% of the time. The guy is limited and has no right foot which means he is predictable, Great at crossing the ball at times but at the end of the day he's a weak link and we need proper left back that's good with both feet. Clichy is easily a better player but for some reason he's lost a bit of pace this season.

citymad said:
NQCitizen said:
I love Aleks because he plays like he loves the game, like a fan would. If he wants to shoot, he'll just shoot. There's a charm in that.

Nothing charming about shooting into row z 90% of the time. The guy is limited and has no right foot which means he is predictable, Great at crossing the ball at times but at the end of the day he's a weak link and we need proper left back that's good with both feet. Clichy is easily a better player but for some reason he's lost a bit of pace this season.
We've got worse players,he is adequate cover !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.