Well done Aleks...

bananamilksheikh said:
when he leaves I hope the boo boys (and yes there are enough sitting near me in SS2) don't say a word. Mancini made an error in not buying an established "defender" but Alex has done ok. Maicon and Boeteng proved Mancini had a weakness in assessing this position. I believe we've one decent fullback in the club and he is Zabba. I will give Richards time to come back but Cliche is not to up to it. I should add my comments are in reference to creating a team to challenge Real and Barca. Come back Kenny Clements and Willy Donachie.
Are you Niall Quinn in disguise?

pudge said:
bananamilksheikh said:
when he leaves I hope the boo boys (and yes there are enough sitting near me in SS2) don't say a word. Mancini made an error in not buying an established "defender" but Alex has done ok. Maicon and Boeteng proved Mancini had a weakness in assessing this position. I believe we've one decent fullback in the club and he is Zabba. I will give Richards time to come back but Cliche is not to up to it. I should add my comments are in reference to creating a team to challenge Real and Barca. Come back Kenny Clements and Willy Donachie.
Are you Niall Quinn in disguise?
I know their different positions but i'd rather keep Kolarov than Richards !

The odd thing about his performance last night was that his sublime goal and thunderous volley came during a spell where he simply couldn't control the ball or hit a teammate with a pass.

Amazing strike from our first choice left back.

Yes some sloppy passing but it can't help people getting on your back after a couple of minor mistakes.

Ducado said:
His passing was atrocious last night

Hmm, only during the first 10 minutes or so. I didn't see much wrong in his play last night. Amazing goal and a solid all around performance.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Great goal last night and excellent going forward however he was still found wanting in his defensive duties against a Championship team. He is a steady player but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he goes back to Italy. Use the money we'd get for him, prob £8 - £10 mill and put a bid in for Luke Shaw. Saints would be tempted with that, which may be a lot for an 18 year old but he would worth every penny. A defender who can attack and defend. Despite what others think, a defenders primary objective is to defend, hence prevent the opposition from scoring, not attacking. That is a secondary function, if you don't concede you don't get beat. Providing an extra attacking capability is necessary but not essential. Gael Clichy was our first choice left back when we won the league, he isn't fantastic going forward but he is a very accomplished defender.

Not this season he isn't, and when his defensive work goes south there isn't much reason to pick Clichy - Kolarov can at least be relied on to provide some attacking qualities.

I was talking about this with my dad last night.
It seems. With our new attacking philosophy, kolarov suits us a lot better than clichy.
Defensively, he's not the best I admit, but nobody ever accused dani Alves/Marcelo/abidal/cafu/Roberto Carlos etc of being overly defensive, and they were all at some point, talked about as the best full backs in the world.
I thought he played very well against Munich, and arsenal, and his performances have improved massively since pellers took over. He was never shit, just did not fit Mancini's style of play as well as he does now, so was only used sporadically.
But I think, in this set up, he compliments our style of play better than clichy, and that has shown recently.

Had a fiver on him to score first and 5-1 last night , 300-1 thought I was in with a shout with twenty minutes to go .

Anyway, I like Kolarov he's done a lot of good things in his time here , he'll never be the complete player but he definitely has some redeeming qualities.

Tim of the Oak said:
Amazing strike from our first choice left back.

Yes some sloppy passing but it can't help people getting on your back after a couple of minor mistakes.

Agree that people get on his back too quickly. But he ain't our first choice left-back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.