Well done Aleks...

Dynamo11 said:
Good performance today, do City have 2 of the best attacking left backs in the league? I think so

Who did we sign?

Clichy for all his merit is horrific at anything offensive

MC ID said:
Dynamo11 said:
Good performance today, do City have 2 of the best attacking left backs in the league? I think so

Who did we sign?

Think that's the problem with Clichy - gives us absolutely nothing going forwards. His final ball is awful, can't remember him scoring or creating a goal. Good defender though and in some games we'll need him.

Skashion said:
Dynamo11 said:
Clichy is fucking useless going forwards.

Not quite the same threat. Kolarov has more effect in terms of end product, but his lack of pace means he prefers to come from deep and overlap when he senses an opportunity. Clichy naturally positions himself farther upfield, thereby allowing us to stretch play and enabling others to create opportunities across the park. Blessed to have both.

Just saw the replay of his goal. The look on the keeper's face as that ball travels at his head. Heh...

MOTM for me today. Routledge is no world-beater, but he's a decent wide man and the type of pacey winger that one might expect Kolarov to struggle with. Kolarov had him in his pocket today. And as for his goal, if Baines had scored that, we'd be hearing about it and seeing replays of it all week.

blue ranger said:
MC ID said:
Dynamo11 said:

Who did we sign?

Think that's the problem with Clichy - gives us absolutely nothing going forwards. His final ball is awful, can't remember him scoring or creating a goal. Good defender though and in some games we'll need him.
his cross against Norwich led to our first, last major involvement I remember. Kolarov has definitely established himself as #1 LB for us. For the sake of keeping the team fit though I'd play Clichy on Saturday to give Kolarov a breather.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.