Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading some posts on this and other threads it appears that many of our fanbase are the equivalent of Chavy lottery winners, who have won the jackpot (probably with a stolen ticket) and swapped their stinking council house for a country mansion, and a few years later turned the once beautifully manicured grounds into a cess pit filled with old dirty baths and rusting white goods, who then complain when their neighbours don't like them.

We were told when we were taken over that the money would change us, make us more entitled, cause us to lose our soul.

Whilst happily that is less true of the club, sadly it is fast becoming apparent that it is very true of many of our fanbase. I always used to defend us to fans of other clubs who would squawk that city fans would quickly become spoilt and 'glory hunters'.

"No we won't" I would say, "we have too much shared history of misery, disappointment, and abject failure to ever turn into that sort of fan. Our collective ability to see the good in any and every situation will see us through in the time-honoured manner of every city fan for generations. It's bred into us from the day we go to our first match with our dads to never take good times for granted but instead to always remain grounded and grateful for those fleeting moments of triumph"

"You'll see" they said, those fucking red bastards.

They were right, I was wrong.

Our fathers and grandfathers would be turning in their graves if they read bluemoon these days.

Some of you are a fucking disgrace.

Reading some posts on this and other threads it appears that many of our fanbase are the equivalent of Chavy lottery winners, who have won the jackpot (probably with a stolen ticket) and swapped their stinking council house for a country mansion, and a few years later turned the once beautifully manicured grounds into a cess pit filled with old dirty baths and rusting white goods, who then complain when their neighbours don't like them.

We were told when we were taken over that the money would change us, make us more entitled, cause us to lose our soul.

Whilst happily that is less true of the club, sadly it is fast becoming apparent that it is very true of many of our fanbase. I always used to defend us to fans of other clubs who would squawk that city fans would quickly become spoilt and 'glory hunters'.

"No we won't" I would say, "we have too much shared history of misery, disappointment, and abject failure to ever turn into that sort of fan. Our collective ability to see the good in any and every situation will see us through in the time-honoured manner of every city fan for generations. It's bred into us from the day we go to our first match with our dads to never take good times for granted but instead to always remain grounded and grateful for those fleeting moments of triumph"

Our fathers and grandfathers would be turning in their graves if they read bluemoon these days.

Lol what a load of bollocks.

You just don't get it. You didn't when you made the OP and you don't now.
With investment comes expectation. Yours are obviously very low and that's your prerogative but give over with your nonesensical cliches and hand wringing.
Piss poor performances, lying down getting your tummy tickled in front of the watching world in one of the biggest games in the clubs history and potentially dropping out of the top 4 are reasons why most are pissed off. So forgive us for not all being as happy clappy as yourself.

although i do agree with you on most comments, and wish the manager well in the future, lets be honest. pelle hasnt been working with a tony pulis budget, he hasnt had to build a squad from scratch to compete with the best and he hasnt had to face the humiliation of being sacked by our club (which, if we are all honest if pep wasnt on the horizon, he would have been).
he has unfortunately overseen a sharp decline in our performances and style of play. the not beating a top 7 side stat all season is just the most disgraceful one i have literally ever seen...even van dickhead has done better than that.
what have the top 7 teams got in common? they have got intelligent managers who are doing the job right, playing the players and formations right.
we have almost got to a champions league final against the most successful euro team of all. we, again, all agree that challenging for euro glory is what we all want to see. so do you think that real, even if they had pep on board, would hesitate for two seconds if he couldnt beat a top 7 side after 18 games, never mind 36.

i would like to officially say thank you manuel, it has been a rollercoaster ride and emotionally draining, and i will look back at your time at city not with regret or anger, just as a bit of a successful 'treading water' period.

good luck in the future, and i hope you get a job in the premier league so we can see more of you in action at another club, it would be interesting to how you fare.

Wow I've never looked at it that way

A few inverted RAWKisms in there if you don't mind me saying so. Being proud of our ability to deal with misery and abject failure? Fair enough, most of us never supported this club for the glory but now we've got a chance, I want the best we players we can possibly get with a manager to match so we can grind those red bastards into the dust. Thanks Manuel, you did your best and I'm sure you always did what you felt was best for the club, but well done? Not for me.

loved that bit though

Underachievement and lack of effort are bitter pills to swallow for most of us. You have entirely missed the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.