Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking spot on. I'm so sick of these "we used to be shit what are you moaning about" posts. Key words there are "used to". We are fully entitled to expect better with the resources and players we have now. If you miss the being shit days then go support another team.

My season ticket wasn't £800 when we were shite either.

Great post @Shaelumstash

Reading some posts on this and other threads it appears that many of our fanbase are the equivalent of Chavy lottery winners, who have won the jackpot (probably with a stolen ticket) and swapped their stinking council house for a country mansion, and a few years later turned the once beautifully manicured grounds into a cess pit filled with old dirty baths and rusting white goods, who then complain when their neighbours don't like them.

We were told when we were taken over that the money would change us, make us more entitled, cause us to lose our soul.

Whilst happily that is less true of the club, sadly it is fast becoming apparent that it is very true of many of our fanbase. I always used to defend us to fans of other clubs who would squawk that city fans would quickly become spoilt and 'glory hunters'.

"No we won't" I would say, "we have too much shared history of misery, disappointment, and abject failure to ever turn into that sort of fan. Our collective ability to see the good in any and every situation will see us through in the time-honoured manner of every city fan for generations. It's bred into us from the day we go to our first match with our dads to never take good times for granted but instead to always remain grounded and grateful for those fleeting moments of triumph"

"You'll see" they said, those fucking red bastards.

They were right, I was wrong.

Our fathers and grandfathers would be turning in their graves if they read bluemoon these days.

Some of you are a fucking disgrace.

I must have imagined the 'Swales out' campaign. I must have dreamt the demonstrations outside the ground week in week out, season after season. I must have dreamt the demonstration the home game draw against Bournemouth 3-3 when we thought we had blown it before the Bradford game. I must have dreamt the demonstrations which became violent outside Maine Road in the Franny era. I must have dreamt the anger and heartfelt chant 'Wer'e shit and we're sick of it'. So please don't tell me we always accepted our misery in good grace cause we didn't and that we didn't always think that we deserved better cause we did. Yes we had the gallows humour but there was also the chants at Swales, Franny and a lot managers some worse than what you read on here. Now that we have tasted success and the bar has been risen then of course fans expect more. If you have a corner shop that becomes a national business then expectations will rise and you have to then compete in that arena, not harking back to the corner shop days when things go badly.

You clearly mean what you say and are passionate about it mate, but I disagree with near enough everything you've just written.

"A collective ability to see the good in every and any situation" that's certainly not my experience of being a City fan for 30 odd years. My dad started taking me when I was 5, his dad took him, my whole mums side of the family are dyed in the wool blues, half my mates are.

The collective mindset that runs through most of them is that if something will go wrong, it will. Typical City. Cups for cock-ups. Not a jolly, positive, optimistic attitude that everything will be alright.

In fact, the gallows humour, the collective mentally that something will inevitably go wrong is what the club was famous for, for over 30 years. I don't know where this cheerful optimism that you have experienced has come from.

When Swales was selling all our good youth players, bringing in journeymen, not investing in the club, running it in to the ground, the mood wasn't of cheerful optimism. It was a pent up frustrated anger that we wanted better. The resilience of the fans and determination for change, for wanting better was reflected in the Swales Out protests that resulted in the Chairman stepping down.

Going down to the third division with the insipid Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Phil Neal at the reigns, there was no cheerful collective optimism. There was a widespread anger that we were grossly underachieving, that we wanted better. That the club deserved better.

It's the same over the last 2 years with Pellegrini. People are not happy. Fans don't want us to not even muster a shot on goal in the biggest game of the season while the manager sits on his hands. They don't want the best squad in the league and finish 5th. They don't want 442 against Barcelona or Bayern Munich. They want to compete, to do our best, to reach our potential.

There is widespread discontent with how the manager and the team has performed. But it's absolutely nothing new. It's nothing to do with money.

The investment in the club means expectations are inevitably raised. The bar of what people will be happy with has raised, but that's obvious, surely? We have Aguero up front, not Dickov.

All City fans ever want is for the team and the club to do their best, to reach their potential. The fans aren't happy today because we are not reaching our potential. The same as we weren't under Swales. The same as we weren't under Frank Clarke. It's exactly the same today as it was 20 years ago, it just now our potential is so much greater than it was then.

Super post that is fella, top stuff.

You're entitled to your view mate. Personally I've never once cried over a loss or when we've fallen short, got relegated or anything like that. It's part of football and life, take it on the chin.

We've regressed at an alarming rate over 3 years, I personally hold Pellegrini mainly responsible. He's done a lousy job. I think he's tried his best, he's just not good enough. Similar to Paul Dickov as a player, he wasn't good enough but he always did his best so I'll always applaud him at the end of a season.
Just seriously pissed off with what's happened mate. The last three seasons has been like watching a car crash in slow motion and no matter how much I shouted at the car occupants to warn them of the impending collision, I wasn't heard and then there was a loud BOOM as they hit a wall.

I suppose it could have been worse, imagine how numb Chelsea fans must be feeling. The highlight of their season was killing off Tottenham's title challenge. Strange season indeed. I just hope we get CL football or no European football at all, the thought of Conte at Chelsea and Maureen at ManUre after big summer reconstructions and no European distractions doesn't bear thinking about if we're having to play Thursday and Sunday's......

You clearly mean what you say and are passionate about it mate, but I disagree with near enough everything you've just written.

"A collective ability to see the good in every and any situation" that's certainly not my experience of being a City fan for 30 odd years. My dad started taking me when I was 5, his dad took him, my whole mums side of the family are dyed in the wool blues, half my mates are.

The collective mindset that runs through most of them is that if something will go wrong, it will. Typical City. Cups for cock-ups. Not a jolly, positive, optimistic attitude that everything will be alright.

In fact, the gallows humour, the collective mentally that something will inevitably go wrong is what the club was famous for, for over 30 years. I don't know where this cheerful optimism that you have experienced has come from.

When Swales was selling all our good youth players, bringing in journeymen, not investing in the club, running it in to the ground, the mood wasn't of cheerful optimism. It was a pent up frustrated anger that we wanted better. The resilience of the fans and determination for change, for wanting better was reflected in the Swales Out protests that resulted in the Chairman stepping down.

Going down to the third division with the insipid Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Phil Neal at the reigns, there was no cheerful collective optimism. There was a widespread anger that we were grossly underachieving, that we wanted better. That the club deserved better.

It's the same over the last 2 years with Pellegrini. People are not happy. Fans don't want us to not even muster a shot on goal in the biggest game of the season while the manager sits on his hands. They don't want the best squad in the league and finish 5th. They don't want 442 against Barcelona or Bayern Munich. They want to compete, to do our best, to reach our potential.

There is widespread discontent with how the manager and the team has performed. But it's absolutely nothing new. It's nothing to do with money.

The investment in the club means expectations are inevitably raised. The bar of what people will be happy with has raised, but that's obvious, surely? We have Aguero up front, not Dickov.

All City fans ever want is for the team and the club to do their best, to reach their potential. The fans aren't happy today because we are not reaching our potential. The same as we weren't under Swales. The same as we weren't under Frank Clarke. It's exactly the same today as it was 20 years ago, it just now our potential is so much greater than it was then.
Post of the year - sums us up perfectly.

Post of the year, for me.

Very well articulated.

Ch2I_0PW0AA2bP0.jpg:large
This is a joke right?

Just seriously pissed off with what's happened mate. The last three seasons has been like watching a car crash in slow motion and no matter how much I shouted at the car occupants to warn them of the impending collision, I wasn't heard and then there was a loud BOOM as they hit a wall.

I suppose it could have been worse, imagine how numb Chelsea fans must be feeling. The highlight of their season was killing off Tottenham's title challenge. Strange season indeed. I just hope we get CL football or no European football at all, the thought of Conte at Chelsea and Maureen at ManUre after big summer reconstructions and no European distractions doesn't bear thinking about if we're having to play Thursday and Sunday's......

At least Roman has the balls to get rid of people who are underachieving, our guys let a complete fucking dud carry on for two years

The reality!

Thanks for a league and cup double and without a doubt the best football I've ever seen us play.

Thanks for the league cup this season and thanks for the continued improvement in the CL.

Thanks for the dignified way in which you have represented the club and the way you handled yourself over the Pep situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.