Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people accepted all the price hikes and moving seats due to 93:20 etc. because we were promised the club would be taken forward and be challenging at the highest level.

This season as been mediocre at best, our squad has not improved but gone seriously backwards under Pellers.

Yaya has been great for this club , but watching him stroll round whilst earning >£200k a week really grates and there are others who aren't far behind.

To be fair to YaYa it's not his fault.

Weak management of an ageing player.

This season should have seen him as a 20 min cameo player ala Vierra when he came.

Lots of people refer back to the first 5 games-we weren't that fluent. The biggest reason for the slide were the injuries to Aguero and Silva whilst on international duty-it set the tone for what followed, disruption after disruption and always playing catch up with fitness. Pellegrini did his best to manage our resources and had little choice to sacrifice the FA cup and then pick that team against Southampton (who could quite easily have beaten our best eleven).

My argument with this statement is that he could (should) have used some of his younger players instead of sticking with the same older players, game after game. Just one youngster per game would have given the tiring oldies a bit of a breather.

Lots of people refer back to the first 5 games-we weren't that fluent. The biggest reason for the slide were the injuries to Aguero and Silva whilst on international duty-it set the tone for what followed, disruption after disruption and always playing catch up with fitness. Pellegrini did his best to manage our resources and had little choice to sacrifice the FA cup and then pick that team against Southampton (who could quite easily have beaten our best eleven).

For me he did his best-yes he probably agrees that he gave Bony too many chances and yes some of his substitutions made me scratch my head but I will look back on his time as largely successful. Semi finalists in Europe and 3 trophies. He had no luck this season-a fair run of injuries would have seen us comfortably near the top. And it isn't done just yet.
He didnt do his best to manage our resources. In fact, he did the exact opposite. He flogged the same dead horses, played the wrong players time and again, in the wrong system with shite tactics, I could go on. You seem to have it completely backwards.

He didnt do his best to manage our resources. In fact, he did the exact opposite. He flogged the same dead horses, played the wrong players time and again, in the wrong system with shite tactics, I could go on. You seem to have it completely backwards.

Stubborn is the word that comes to mind and it cost him in the end but on top of that I just don't think he knows how to train and set up a team to get the best out of it both individually and collectively.

The basics seem to be lacking in this side but we do need a number of new players to come in over the summer hopefully a combination of transfers and under 21's which we trust will be trained to gel with each other much better than the side was over the past two years in particular.

The record against the top 10 this year , the bottom three , the fact he spouted time and again we had two players of equal ability for most if not all positions and the best squad and that he never uses injuries as an excuse for under performing suggests that by his own standards he has come well short of what he expected in the premiership this year.

By any measure we have under achieved in the premiership over the past two seasons and MP is a major factor as to why this has occurred.

He doesn't have the skill set to get the best out of a team that is seeking to be a real force and significant player in the premiership or any of the top leagues for that matter.

He wasn't the best choice to replace RM but he was someone well known to the DOF and co as someone who could ensure the press wouldn't make a meal out of the next bust up between RM and his employers and or the playing team because he would limit if not eliminate the opportunity for it to happen which he did.

On top of that he would do as he was told and if so would suffer zero interference for above in terms of what he did with the squad during the week and on match days and have any players he wanted some of which he had managed before chased.

He has not got the best out of the squad from the time he joined and we play less as a team in terms of what we do on and off the ball than we did when he first joined.

Our urgency has diminished when its needed , our basic skills have deteriorated under his watch.

Individual players have lost the will to take on players and take the easy option under his watch. ( Sterling and Navas to name but two )

Sides are no longer concerned about playing at COMS and if they press they know they have our measure.

His appointment will be viewed in history as an average one as we have regressed and in some cases significantly like basic skills ( crossing , corners , throw ins , set piece defending and attakcing to name but a few ) in almost all of the key performance indicators under his watch.

The players do not respect him or his coaching abilities and for some his complacent attitude on match days has been there to see in the players approach to games many of which a better manager would have ensured we got a better result with the same group of players.
Excellent post. Albeit I see no evidence that the players don't respect him as a fellow human being, but I do often wonder what they think about his coaching abilities and game management.

This season I've seen dissent from players being substituted, players arguing amongst themselves on the pitch etc. Without being in the dressing room and on the training pitches with them, it's only a guess but I'd say it's not only the fans who are a little baffled by his strange tactics and substitutions.

Players have a finite playing career and I suppose after the money and lifestyle will come the medals and memories. Many of those players may well feel that they've missed opportunities whilst their career playing time is running out and that these opportunities may never present themselves at the highest level again.

To be fair to YaYa it's not his fault.

Weak management of an ageing player.

This season should have seen him as a 20 min cameo player ala Vierra when he came.

I agree to a certain extent, but it doesn't stop him putting a shift in, to be taken off later.

During Manuel's tenure, I have seen some of the best football I have seen as well as some of the most abject performances. I could probably say the same thing for Mancini's tenure as well. Hughes...no comment. We had many of the same players during both Mancini and Pellegrini, and I think they should share some of the responsibility for both manager's getting the sack. Did they highjack Mancini as bad as Chelsea did to Mourhino, I would say not. If the squad is compared with a racehorse, Mancini may have used the whip too much, and Pellegrini not enough, or maybe the horse just needed to be put out to stud?

Manchester City FC‏@MCFC 2h2 hours ago
I am proud!" - Pellegrini on his time at #mcfc... Watch his final press conference here.
1f3a5.png
http://manc.it/23KlOO9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.