Well Well ....interesting read

"Hughes' new fitness regime is working a treat isn't it"

What was he supposed to do? Sack them before he gave them a chance to adhere to his fitness regime?

I don't understand your point. Were we good before Hughes took over? It's all gone to pot cos none of the players like him?

We've been crap for 4 years, it will take 2 seasons for things to start working properly.

We've got a squad that is down to it's bare bones with injuries, we've got more injuries than anybody else in the Premier League (look at Physio Room if you don't believe me). And we've got mardy Brazilians who have decided it's fun to undermine the manager.

Re: Elano causing trouble???

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
If you want to check the stats, look how many matches we have won since last December with him in the team, that is the only stat I could give a shit about.....
That same team included another 10 players so that more a 'team stat' than and individual one. What's your point?

Read my posts again and you will see my point, then reply again

True_Blue69 said:
So you cant remember any then, sort of proves my point. Next

Disturbance said:
you can start with West Ham at home where he wasn't gash.

I think he might have remembered one, not sure though, I'll check again, yep, yep I'm sure he's remembered one. Sort of disproves your point. Next.

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
So you cant remember any then, sort of proves my point. Next

Disturbance said:
you can start with West Ham at home where he wasn't gash.

I think he might have remembered one, not sure though, I'll check again, yep, yep I'm sure he's remembered one. Sort of disproves your point. Next.

So one good game in a year makes for good form? Thank fuck your not picking the team! My point was his form has been gash, and to say he has had 1 good game in a year proves that exactly. Learn a bit about the game son....

True_Blue69 said:
Matty said:
That same team included another 10 players so that more a 'team stat' than and individual one. What's your point?

I'd rather grind my eyes with broken glass than read your posts for a second time.

My point is that team results are down to team performances. If a team loses it doesn't necessarily mean one particular individual has performed badly. Ireland has been in top form this season, yet City have got some truly shit results with him in the team. Elano played well in some matches after Christmas last season, yet City got beat. The two are not mutually exclusive so you can't just look at the results and decide that one particular player is playing poorly.

Disturbance said:
True_Blue69 said:
Name me some good performances, and Ill go and check the stats. I know football, and I watch City, and in my opinion he hasnt been very good. If you want to check the stats, look how many matches we have won since last December with him in the team, that is the only stat I could give a shit about.....

I'm not doing all your work for you, you can start with West Ham at home where he wasn't gash. he has not been gash for 12 months in every single game, to say that is nonsense and the people who post it look like idiots.

No mate, he hasnt been gash in EVERY game. I said his form is gash, form being over a period of time. Its like having 10 men with him on the pitch when the chips are down.

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
I'd rather grind my eyes with broken glass than read your posts for a second time.

My point is that team results are down to team performances. If a team loses it doesn't necessarily mean one particular individual has performed badly. Ireland has been in top form this season, yet City have got some truly shit results with him in the team. Elano played well in some matches after Christmas last season, yet City got beat. The two are not mutually exclusive so you can't just look at the results and decide that one particular player is playing poorly.

Like I said, read my posts, and you will find you are backing up everything I say without meaning to. Make me laugh some people who see a good free kick or a nice bit of skill and think thats enough, I blame the Sky Sports generation of football fans.....

From everything that has transpired so far ( i don't have quotes disturbance), it would appear (we don't have internal mics or webcam footage) that Elano is the one undermining the management of the team.
You have to assume that on the basis of his non-selection and a quick look at the disciplinary situation at the club, and when you consider he is a very good footballer - on his day.
Aside from that it would be very difficult to slot Elano into a side with Robinho, Ireland and SWP, neither of whom are going to be dislodged on the basis of their performances so far this season. I think we saw that selection combination fail unhealthily at Wigan. It has half a chance against teams playing an open formation allowing City to pass the ball at their leisure, dictate play at their leisure, unfortunately teams like Wigan, Fulham, Everton, Bolton etc are not going to let that happen, though Portsmouth did oblige.
Elano apparently covers mileage, unfortunately he is not prone to put a foot in and tackle, and despite his passing prowess, we cannot sustain two midfielders in Elano and Robinho, both of whom resist a tackle or do not compete physically as premiership midfielders tend to do, and neither of whom offer any protection to our suspect back four.
Ireland and SWP give you all of the above, and with goals.
Kompany is a favourite of the manager's, so that would rule out Elano from a defensive role in the midfield or behind it. Petrov's return would push him further down the pecking order, as i guess Hughes would prefer a holding midfielder, a box to box midfielder and two wingers (SWP and Petrov) and a front two of RSC and Robinho (possibly in a 1-1 formation) or a front two of RSC and Bellamy/Owen or take your pick.
It all adds up to Elano moving on for me.

West ham at home was a very easy game, the sort elano turns up for. We were at home against a poorer team who had 10 men, yea elano played well, that's the sort he likes - the easy ride

True_Blue69 said:
Matty said:

So one good game in a year makes for good form? Thank fuck your not picking the team! My point was his form has been gash, and to say he has had 1 good game in a year proves that exactly. Learn a bit about the game son....
That's not what the above said though was it? You clearly state "you cant remember any then", this is untrue as Disturbance posted "you can start with West Ham at home where he wasn't gash". He never said this was the only one he said YOU CAN START WITH.... thus indicating there were other examples, but he'd just chosen to highlight ONE of them. So no, no-one is suggesting one good game makes for good form. Learn a bit about the English language son......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.