Well Well ....interesting read

Re: Elano causing trouble???

vbr said:
dannybcity said:
It's clearly not about who's a 'better' player, it's about who's the best for that position, Hughes ain't playing fantasy football FFS.

pmsl vassells a better option on the right than elano or fernandes in centre mid riiight riiiight.

So vbr your manager of Manchester City. Early on in the season Elano complains to the press about you not playing him, you give him a ticking off. When you do play him however he is rubbish and appeares to not be putting the effort in during training, what would you do?

True_Blue69 said:
Its just a good job people with views like yours arent involved in football in any capacity.

My view is that Elano has not been gash in every single game for 12 months whereas you posted that he has then tried to change your mind and just say 'his form' has been gash LOL. Why is it a good job I am not involved in football based on that view?

Someone like you who backtracks instantly would make a great manager clearly.

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
Another one.... Do you play football? How long have you watched it for? Do you think a team with 10 Elano's in would win anything?
Again, misrepresenting what's been said. He's selected a striker, two defensive minded midfielders and a 'Vassell' (christ knows where he actually should play). He hasn't mentioned defenders (although, if memory serves me right Elano was such a team player last year he pulled on a shirt and tried his best at right back because he was needed to). What he's saying is Elano could legitimately be put into the team ahead of any of those four. He could play in midfield or supporting a striker.

He could play there I agree, and Im pretty sure that he could do a cracking job. Its just a shame that he hasnt done for some time. I think Elano is a gifted footballer, just not right for us at the minute with the players we have. IMO you cant play Elano, Robinho, Ireland, SWP all at the same time, the team is too unbalanced and thats before you have included a striker. We need more grit in midfield, someone who can close down and graft a bit. To play Elano you would have to drop one of those players and IMO they are all playing better than him.

Re: Hughes vs. Brazil

forevercity said:
mcfcmatt said:
What he said which is a very good point.

all them mentioned were not good enough for chelsea, jose was right not to play them because they won the league
Elano IS good enough for us and we are 17th for not playing him, if we were top 6 then hughes can say to elano that we dont need him, but we CLEARLY do need him

from what ive seen from him so far this season no we dont,some people need to take the blinkers off when it comes to the hughes hateing and elano love in.

dannybcity said:
So vbr your manager of Manchester City. Early on in the season Elano complains to the press about you not playing him, you give him a ticking off. When you do play him however he is rubbish and appeares to not be putting the effort in during training, what would you do?

lol that would mean i'd have been starting darius vassell, benjani and didi hamann. stop talking bollocks. yeah he is "rubbish" yet he's 4th in our goal scoring charts and set up goals and passed well.

dannybcity said:
Conjecture and hear'say. Well, for starters I'd have left him in the side early doors when he WAS actually doing ok, he was playing a different role to last season, not one that best suited him, but he was doing a decent job (a period of the season that corresponds with our best form). This would therefore have prevented him going to the press and all subsequent problems.

I'm not saying that Elano is the answer, if what is being said is true he HAS to go. However Hughes' behaviour and attitude have lead to Elano acting the way he has. He shouldn't have reacted in this way, but he has.

Disturbance said:
True_Blue69 said:
Its just a good job people with views like yours arent involved in football in any capacity.

My view is that Elano has not been gash in every single game for 12 months whereas you posted that he has then tried to change your mind and just say 'his form' has been gash LOL. Why is it a good job I am not involved in football based on that view?

Someone like you who backtracks instantly would make a great manager clearly.

Im just surprised that you cant see that he has been poor overall for the best part of a year. Fucking hell if I played every match for a year Im sure Id do something decent at some point but it doesnt make me good enough. The facts are, he hasnt been playing well for a long time.

vbr said:
dannybcity said:

lol that would mean i'd have been starting darius vassell, benjani and didi hamann. stop talking bollocks. yeah he is "rubbish" yet he's 4th in our goal scoring charts and set up goals and passed well.

Good answer, I'm well and truely put in my place.

Matty said:
dannybcity said:
Conjecture and hear'say. Well, for starters I'd have left him in the side early doors when he WAS actually doing ok, he was playing a different role to last season, not one that best suited him, but he was doing a decent job (a period of the season that corresponds with our best form). This would therefore have prevented him going to the press and all subsequent problems.

I'm not saying that Elano is the answer, if what is being said is true he HAS to go. However Hughes' behaviour and attitude have lead to Elano acting the way he has. He shouldn't have reacted in this way, but he has.

What is his best position though, I asked that 4 pages ago and still not one answer??

True_Blue69 said:
Matty said:
He could play there I agree, and Im pretty sure that he could do a cracking job. Its just a shame that he hasnt done for some time. I think Elano is a gifted footballer, just not right for us at the minute with the players we have. IMO you cant play Elano, Robinho, Ireland, SWP all at the same time, the team is too unbalanced and thats before you have included a striker. We need more grit in midfield, someone who can close down and graft a bit. To play Elano you would have to drop one of those players and IMO they are all playing better than him.
You could drop Vassell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.