Well Well ....interesting read

Re: Elano causing trouble???

Matty said:
You could drop Vassell.

But Elano on the right or left leaves the midfield horribly unbalanced and would leave us exposed. I deliberatly left Vassell out as he is another that needs replacing IMO

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
What is his best position though, I asked that 4 pages ago and still not one answer??
I'd say central midfield alongside someone like Kompany in a 4-4-2 formation, or else in a 4-4-1-1 formation playing off a big, strong centre forward who can hold the ball up and link play.

So then, in those postions youre looking at dropping Ireland or Robinho then?

True_Blue69 said:
What is his best position though, I asked that 4 pages ago and still not one answer??

You're the won telling other people to learn about football. Why don't YOU know the answer?

Matty said:
Conjecture and hear'say. Well, for starters I'd have left him in the side early doors when he WAS actually doing ok, he was playing a different role to last season, not one that best suited him, but he was doing a decent job (a period of the season that corresponds with our best form). This would therefore have prevented him going to the press and all subsequent problems.

I'm not saying that Elano is the answer, if what is being said is true he HAS to go. However Hughes' behaviour and attitude have lead to Elano acting the way he has. He shouldn't have reacted in this way, but he has.

But it's the managers prerogitive to pick the players he feels can do the best job, he didn't pick Elano because he felt the balance of the side wouldn't be correct, our early season form was good which suggests Hughes was making the right decision to leave him out.

Disturbance said:
True_Blue69 said:

You're the won telling other people to learn about football. Why don't YOU know the answer?

Thats my point, I dont know, you dont know, it seems that our managers dont know. Therefore, get rid.

Re: Hughes vs. Brazil

lastmanback said:
forevercity said:
all them mentioned were not good enough for chelsea, jose was right not to play them because they won the league
Elano IS good enough for us and we are 17th for not playing him, if we were top 6 then hughes can say to elano that we dont need him, but we CLEARLY do need him

"all mentioned not good enough for chelsea". jose signed all them, maybe shevchenko
was chairmans choice, like our present of Jo from sven and frank,

sidwell, kezman, maniche, jarosik, thiago were all ranieri's buys. pizarro might have been aswell

diarra come through their youth system

Elano is a cancer to this team, but he's not the only one. This was especially evident with his sulking and lack of celebration when Sturridge earned the penalty, and took it himself, instead of letting Elano hit it. To me, this was the mark of someone who cares, but only cares about his own stats. I don't like everything Hughes has done, or the way he has handled Elano, there has to be some coddling, but Elano is a pro and should start acting like it.

The worst thing that has happened with this is that since Elano has the ear of the other Brazilians, and was identified as a leader on this team early last year, the other squad members follow him. With so many young players on the team, they have a tendency to be easily influenced, and so one leader's sulking translates into a team sulking. Unfortunately, Dunne has not stepped up as captain and put Elano in his place, or led by example here, and has left this to Hughes to look like the bad guy.

I am hopeful that someone like Kompany or SWP will step up and get the kids back on track once they are a bit more established in the club.

True_Blue69 said:
Matty said:
I'd say central midfield alongside someone like Kompany in a 4-4-2 formation, or else in a 4-4-1-1 formation playing off a big, strong centre forward who can hold the ball up and link play.

So then, in those postions youre looking at dropping Ireland or Robinho then?

If you were to play him in his best position then yes. However I'd start him wide left instead of Vassell (for the time being), I don't see what we'd be missing out on (apart from pace that goes nowhere) by removing Vassell from the side. You mentioned balance etc, but I just don't see it myself, Vassell gives us nothing, so why not play Elano there instead?

It's all moot anyway, Hughes has obviously decided Elano will never play for the club again (selecting Clayton on the bench ahead of him demonstrates this) so we may as well forget it, he'll be gone in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.