Well Well ....interesting read

Re: When Elano Goes !!

u2fme2 said:
Mike D said:
I would like to see the back of Hughes because I do not believe Hughes is capable of bringing in a better player
when was the last time elano done anything???? fuck all since last november

9 goals for the club since last November.

Ans the question only please, I don't want this thread turning into most of the other's on here a slanging match. Elano has gone maybe only on loan but i cannot see him wearing a blue shirt again while Hughes is in charge.

Re: Elano causing trouble???

moomba said:
More spin from Hughes designed to take the pressure of him and put it fairly and squarely on the players. What a man.

If he can't work with Elano he should get rid in a weeks time quietly and professionally.

I kind of agree. Someone in Mark Hughes team briefed against elano (and several other players) shortly after the start of the season. I can't think of a better way of destroying the trust between players and the management team than slagging them off in the national media. Much as i disapprove of elano's shenanigans, he didn't start all of this. This goes hand in hand with the absurd obfuscation of who hughes did and didn't sign in the summer. MH has contradicted himself several times re: Jo, Zabaleta, Kompany.

Hughes is a hypocrite, and has sought to maintain his reputation with the media and the owners at the expense of his relations in the dressing room. I guess he just doesnt care, as long as he maintains authority. He may have gone too far in his high-handed approach for his own good though. He has alienated fans as well as the squad, and the atmosphere is as bad as the performances on the pitch. It's hard to see that this debacle, along with the current league table, hasn't damaged our image in the eyes of those who we need to impress the most, i.e. prospective recruits.

Still, I do agree with his assesment of the playing staff and culture at the club. You only need witness the troubles of Jonson and Richards (and those that faced Stevie until he transformed himself) to realise that the lack of professionalism and discipline could damage every player who comes through the ranks, and even young professionals who join from other clubs. He has tackled the problem like one with unimpeachable authority. The question is, does he really have that authority, and can he acquire the players that will be needed to transform the dressing room?

Banned Tosspot said:
Double figures if he'd have got his little hands to the ball quicker against Arsenal!

Which was what, as Agent Les confirmed after the game should have happened.

Matty said:
True_Blue69 said:
So then, in those postions youre looking at dropping Ireland or Robinho then?

If you were to play him in his best position then yes. However I'd start him wide left instead of Vassell (for the time being), I don't see what we'd be missing out on (apart from pace that goes nowhere) by removing Vassell from the side. You mentioned balance etc, but I just don't see it myself, Vassell gives us nothing, so why not play Elano there instead?

It's all moot anyway, Hughes has obviously decided Elano will never play for the club again (selecting Clayton on the bench ahead of him demonstrates this) so we may as well forget it, he'll be gone in January.

F**KIN great decision that wasn't the mind of a tactical genuis take out your own personal gripes at the detriment of the team and we end up losing

it's the old saying of respect is what commands authority, hughes has little with the fans or the playing staff. he's come in and become a dictator and made himself like a mirror towards criticism, bouncing it off in every direction and blaming everyone but himself.

Re: Hughes vs. Brazil

Mourinho's Spending in full

Aug Juliano Belletti Barcelona £3.7m
July Florent Malouda Lyon £13.5m
June Tal Ben Haim Bolton Free
June Claudio Pizarro Bayern Munich Free
June Steve Sidwell Reading Free

Aug Ashley Cole Arsenal £5m
Aug Khalid Boulahrouz Hamburg £7m
June John Mikel Obi Lyn £16m
May Ben Sahar Hapoel Tev Aviv £320,000
May Andrei Shevchenko AC Milan £30.8m
May Salomon Kalou Feyenoord £8m
May Michael Ballack Bayern Munich Free

Aug Michael Essien Lyon £24.4m
July Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City £21m
July Lassana Diarra Le Havre £1m
July Scott Sinclair Bristol Rovers £160,000
June Asier Del Horno Athletic Bilbao £8m
Jan Jiri Jarosik CSKA Moscow £4.83m
July Ricardo Carvalho Porto £19.85m
July Didier Drogba Marseille £24m
July Tiago Benfica £8m
July Mateja Kezman PSV Eindhoven £5m
July Paulo Ferreira Porto £13.2m
July Arjen Robben PSV Eindhoven £12m

Total £225.76m

//www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2321598/Jose-Mourinho's-transfer-spending-at-Chelsea.html

vbr said:
it's the old saying of respect is what commands authority, hughes has little with the fans or the playing staff. he's come in and become a dictator and made himself like a mirror towards criticism, bouncing it off in every direction and blaming everyone but himself.

there is the school of thought that says that it doesnt matter what the fans think at this stage, as soon as we go on a good run they will come round. he might not give a damn what the majority of players think at this stage either, as most of them will leave sooner rather than later. At the moment he is unloveable, and it's difficult to respect him, but if he sticks to his guns and turns it around, then he will truly command respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.