Wembley Memories from 1999 Play-off final

mcfc_nick said:
jacko8684 said:
I was at a football tournament in Lytham.
I had had a stinking first half in one of the games and as we got to half time one of the parents told me we were 2 down....(my parents were at Wemb)
My bottom lip starts going(im 15 at the time) during our half time team talk, and BOOM, the flood gates open and im sobbing like a little girl.
My manager pulls me to one side and says something along the lines of, "go and use this emotion and win us this game"....
So, with me being upset/pissed off and with my head up my arse, i actually play fucking brilliantly and we win the game comfortably.. Full time whistle goes and the parent gives me the 2-1 sign..... SO I LEG IT TO THE CLUB HOUSE JUST IN TIME FOR DICKOVS GOAL...!!!!!!
then me and a few other city fans watched the rest of it and finish off with doing a Weaver-esque run all around the clubhouse!!
HAPPY DAY AFTER ALL!!!
COME ON CITY!!

Thats the biggest load of bullshit ive heard, how long do you play, 2 minutes a half?!
LOL this.

Left early (head hung in shame) stood under the stadium when Horlock scored,
54 year old mate who was with me started to run back and fell over a bin which was on its side. Picked up a scarf from the sid of the bin which some blue had through away, just got back into the stadium when Dickov scored.

Three of us went down on the saturday by car stayed over then went on the piss before the game. Drew straws for who would drive home after the game, I won so i didnt drive. My mate drove that quick no speeds mentioned that when we left wembley after the penalties, dropped a friend of at heathrow and drove back with three extra passengers and was in the boozer in Salford by 9,15

That was a weekend and game me and my friends will never forget.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSHeMJu5yR4&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSHeMJu5 ... re=related</a>

0-2 down 120 seconds of normal time left on the clock sat with my 8 year old son and a few mates. Choked with emotion holding back the tears could not speak.
I felt after watching since 66 on the edge of an abyss emotionally
"I want to go dad" my son said, managed to pull myself together long enough to tell him
No, we stay till the finish, they will come to our end and we can clap them off they have tried thier best.
Horlock scored and I shrugged...consolation
Dickoff scored and the world exploded, never before or since saw such raw emotion at a football match within the crowd.
My gravestone will be endorsed with "Weikens-Goater -Dickoff-GOAL ! "
The result means that much to me

Aged 20 got the midnight national express on the Friday night with 12 lads arrived on the Saturday morning in London then straight to Marble Arch to a B&B and basically it got very messy right up till we arrived home 1am Monday morning ... Greatest weekend of our lives without doubt

Travelled from N.Ireland without a ticket to the game and finally got one from a Gillingham fan for £40 in their end (yeah I know...ripped the shit outta me) Sat in the second tier and screamed my lungs out for most of the game and went totally ballistic when tricky dicky scored. Gio fans left me to it im presuming cos they thought i was a basket case. Lept like a salmon when Weaver saved only for a (departing) Gio fan to push me in mid flight and I landed on me mouth and nose between seats...didnt give a flying fuck.....amazing game of football and an amazing result for City in every way possible....Carslberg dont do football matches....

Watched city for over 40 years & have never known celebrations like it when that second goal went in, The 5-1 was mad, Charlton promotion was mental But when that shot hit the back of the net I ended up about 7 rows of seats away from where I started & I still have no idear how I got there, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.