Wembley Memories from 1999 Play-off final

Just remember spending most of the game apologizing to the guy behind me, constantly forgot that there were no backs on the seat and kept going to lean back( could have been all the ale and jamaican woodbines that were floating round on our glorious wythy wagon haha). Never felt so deflated as I did when we were two nil down, but had this mad feeling I shouldn't leave with the others. I just sat there staring blankly at the pitch, when horlock scored I just couldn't bring myself to celebrate(like someone posted earlier I was just pissed off and thought typical) then the miracle of dickovs goal happend. Me and my mate ended up getting dragged about eight rows back in the melee, I can honestly say I cant ever recall a celebration like it, finishing with me kissing some random bald guy on his head lol. I couldn't bring myself to watch any of the penalties, apart from the last one weaver saved, cue unbridled extacy and wild celebration. We stayed in the ground for a good while, then returned to our coach, turned out we were the last ones to get there and we got on to huge cheers. now I hope it was for the result, but cant help feeling it was a case of "thank feck for that there finally here" haha. As soon as I got home I watched it all again, from the build up right through to the post match stuff, amazing day.

I remember when we went 2-0 down screaming at the top of my voice 'you lazy, good for nothing, bunch of wankers'. They must have heard me.....and indeed the rest is history.

we left early, two young children wanting to escape the crush. Back then no 3G so no phone updates or anything, heard the cheers but carried on walking.

totally gutted to be fair!

Went down with no ticket, ended up watching the game in a pub packed with city. Went 2-0 down and the pub started to get trashed straight away. Made our way to the ground (pissed off)to meet everyone else, got there to see city fans running back to wembely shouting its 2-2. They'd opened the gates for all fans leaving early so managed to just walk straight in and catch the last 10mins and penalties, and join in all the celabrations.

Highest point with city and a top day out!

I have never ever questioned my love for Manchester city apart from just after they went 2-0 up.

I think even if we win the European cup, nothing will match the emotion of dickov's equalizer .

Because of what had gone before, years of pain

I will never forget that day.

I was working in the north of Holland at the time and the town I lived in had no pubs with SKY so I took the train to another town,after 30min walking round I found an Irish bar so I asked the bar tender to put the game on.

After 10min in to the game a group of Dutch lads come in and asked them to change the channel to a Dutch game, and to my shock and horror he fucking did it. after 5min of kicking off I left to find another pub.

5min later I found a tiny little english pub with a shity little TV with 4 old man sat watching cricket so I asked if it was OK if we watched the footy.

As the game went on the pub filled up and every one got to know I was a City fan and what the game was all about, anyway by the end when Dickov scored the goal the whole pub erupted and I had them all singing City songs.

Although I must admite I got a bit to pist then fell asleep on the train and ended up miles away from where I lived with a banging head.

I remember outside the torch before the game, 1000's of blues having a big sing song. Then a city fan stripped bollock naked and climbed up on the pub roof waving a city flag. Absolutely hilarious. Then a load of coppers came with a video camera, filmed him for a couple of minutes, then climbed on the roof and arrested him. The police got a lot of grief but drove off with the guy in a hoolivan. The poor sod must of missed the game.

Anyone know who this was??
I have pics of it somewhere. (not digital)

Went back to the torch after the game.
No singing, everyone absolutely drained with daft grins on there faces.
Sounds daft but if we beat the rags I can't imagine feeling as happy as that day.

I still get a shiver down my back at the feeling when Dickov scored. I remember looking round and seeing fans flooding back in. I honestly don't think that whatever success comes our way over the next few years the total europhoric feeling when Dickov scored will ever be surpassed for us! Off to watch it again on YouTube!

Me and the wife on one side of wembley our two girls on the other side[22 years old and 18].When we got back onto the coach they both said "Dad now we know why you cry over CITY"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.