Wembley tickets on open sale

ryan1985 said:
clowns pockets said:
ryan1985 said:
If we dont sell out this it will be an absolute embarrasement and the rags will have a field day mocking us. Unless your on holiday or personal reasons there is no excuse for u not to go. This is what we have been pineing for for years and some blues are 'gonna give it a miss' or 'its a nothing game'. Get a grip!
this really isn't what 'we' have been pineing for for years,if it was it'd be sold out by now.
'excuse'....ffs
Course we have been pineing for it, u play in the charity sheild cos u win the league or win the cup and thats what i wanted from City ever since i can remember being a blue!

We've been waiting & hoping for a trophy, not the fucking Charity shield. It was no big deal the last time we played in it. The only thing that sets it apart from any other friendly is it's against the rags.

danburge82 said:
ryan1985 said:
If we dont sell out this it will be an absolute embarrasement and the rags will have a field day mocking us. Unless your on holiday or personal reasons there is no excuse for u not to go. This is what we have been pineing for for years and some blues are 'gonna give it a miss' or 'its a nothing game'. Get a grip!
My personal reason is that I would rather spend my spare cash on Bolton away than this almost pointless game on Sunday. Is that a good enough "excuse"?! Hopefully it will sell out though so all the naughty bully United fans don't send too many nasty mean texts to you!

-- Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 pm --

ryan1985 said:
clowns pockets said:
this really isn't what 'we' have been pineing for for years,if it was it'd be sold out by now.
'excuse'....ffs
Course we have been pineing for it, u play in the charity sheild cos u win the league or win the cup and thats what i wanted from City ever since i can remember being a blue!
Not one second in my life have I ever pined for City to be in the Community Sheild exhibition game. Not when I was young and starry eyed, not when we were shit and losing at Lincoln and Bury, not now we've got a potentially great team, and never in the future!
Well whatever, my point being it will be embarrasing if we dont sell out, don't u think?

ryan1985 said:
danburge82 said:
ryan1985 said:
My personal reason is that I would rather spend my spare cash on Bolton away than this almost pointless game on Sunday. Is that a good enough "excuse"?! Hopefully it will sell out though so all the naughty bully United fans don't send too many nasty mean texts to you!

ryan1985 said:
Not one second in my life have I ever pined for City to be in the Community Sheild exhibition game. Not when I was young and starry eyed, not when we were shit and losing at Lincoln and Bury, not now we've got a potentially great team, and never in the future!
Well whatever, my point being it will be embarrasing if we dont sell out, don't u think?

No, not in these financially uncertain times. To be honest, I'm suprised how your normal fan can still afford football in a lot of instances.

franksinatra said:
ryan1985 said:

Dont feel embarrassed, Ive seen 15,000 for league games in the mid 80s, 8000 for cup games and not once have I been embarrassed by our support. This might be an important game to you but for many its just a friendly before the real action starts the following week. People choose the games they consider important and wish to attend, personally I will be putting the cash to one side for a european away game. I was in Kiev with 450 others, no big deal. Certainly wouldn't come on here telling people they should have gone to Kiev
If were gonna be considered one of the top teams in europe we should be able to sell 28000 tickets against united in the charity sheild with our record signing on show.

ryan1985 said:
danburge82 said:
ryan1985 said:

ryan1985 said:

Embarrassing for who? I dont know about your background, age or anything but many of us did it when supporting the club through the really bad times. When going to City generally ruined your whole wkend. We proved ourselves. Unitede couldn't muster more than 20k for a super cup final at Old trafford against Red Star side featuring Stoickov, Savicevic etc. Any real football fans knows City fans turned up through the tough times, thats what counts

So if I read this right, if you support a club that wins regularly and therefore get to play in the charity shield often, you go to watch friendlies, but if you've won something that qualifies you only once in 40 years you don't bother?
It's very complicated this being a footie fan, only been going for 37 years so still picking it up, I will try and return my ticket tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.