West Brom (h) post-match thread

Like your post.
But in cancelo,s defence hes trying to do sterlings job as well as his own.
He needs to be full back and winger in one as "raz the daz" fucks off to positions he knows he can,t receive the ball.
But yes I agree on much
I can see what you're saying @Kippax77 and you don't play for Juventus and Portugal if you're a bad player. I think there's definitely something in what you say in that he's trying to do two jobs at once.

I just don't see him ever replacing Walker in our first 11 and he's not a left back. If we can get back our money (well, most of it) then for me, I'd sell the lad tomorrow and put it towards someone else (Auoar? Zakaria?) who'd benefit the team.

Its been so slow for a long time now and that was another borefest. I get teams will and have parked the bus and counter because that seems to be the only solution to counter us. Our problem is when we break their counter, we move the ball around too much in midfield and you can watch all the opposition running back to having 11 in their half. Classic was in the 2nd half, love Foden but we broke after a counter. Foden took the ball out with maybe 5 of their in our half. Foden slowed down then passed sideways who then passed backwards in which i saw all WBA team run back into their half. We aren't doing things attacking wise quickly enough, are we too reserved now because of a counter?

Me reading this thread:

tenor.gif

I’ve criticised KDB a lot as his performances have dropped massively but “what’s he done?” He fucking put one right on Sterling’s head, 3 yards out and he once against fluffed his lines in a big
moment for us.

Lyon was much worse but fucking hell, tonight was bad, he’s a forward for us ffs.

Kev has been just as bad as Sterling. He has looked positively awful at times and gets given a free ride by a lot our fans. That said those two are easily our best attacking players and two of the best in Europe. They have looked absolutely average this season as has everyone in an attacking sense. It’s our approach more than players form.. we are set up worlds apart from the way we were 24 months ago.

Just for a bit of context for tonights game, WBA have the worst defence in the league having conceeded 26 goals in 13 games.

They've only scored 10 goals in 13 games, just 8 less than us.

Shocking.

Even when opposition do get bodies ahead of the ball, we calm possession down, stroke it around the half way line and kindly wait for them to get their shape back
So tired of this exact thing. The obsession with pointless control and “stability” has suffocated our ability to confuse defenses. And I think the style frustrates the hell out of the players. They really don’t seem to enjoy it. No flow, no joy, very little creativity and expression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.