West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

Four competitions including umpteen games in the Europa with a squad ravaged by injury. Can't be done.

'C' team loses away at a Premier League side. Not entirely happy but understand the thinking on team selection and we move on to more important games where the big guns will be brought to bear.

Feel sorry for those that went though.

I have to say that this was an extraordinary two days Chelsea out , City out , Spurs out , Everton out , Liverpool out (Northampton just scored)

ANY1aBLUE said:
cityboy1 said:
why mancini why ?

WHEN will you lot wake up and smell the f'ing coffee????!!!!! All I keep hearing is how well Mancini did in Serie A - well so f'ing what? And how disloyal it is to criticize him.

They never will wake up mate, it's the nature of thick City fans to worship the manager regardless of actions, signings, tactics or results until the manager is sacked by the board, at which point they will start to slag him off, and a new cycle of worship begins.

I actually like Mancini, I think he's got charisma and he's a winner. BUT my opinion of him has shifted somewhat after today's team selection.

He doesn't understand how important every trophy is to a City fan. He's out of touch with the fans in this respect.

K.Reeves right foot said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
The fault here has to lie with Mancini.

Appalling team selection.

He's Italian. He knows nothing about our club, our fans or our mentality. He doesn't seem to realise that we will take ANY trophy. Any fucking trophy. He doesn't give a shit.

I feel physically sick that we're out of this cup. He won't really care except that it may affect his job security a little.

I'll get shot down in flames for this but he can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
No you won't mate, any true City fan agrees with you - just the new found arrogant "we can buy anyone when we are in the Champions league" Fans will disagree with you......
Us true fans, that feel SHIT right now, doeas mancini feel like this? Does he fuck. Tonight was inexcusable on every level......and just adds more fuel to the argument that we do not have the right manager in charge of the best group of players in our history.

yeap if we dont agree with you were all part time joe's. honestly.

scouse.gif

^ Some friendly advice. :)

ballinio said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I never see the match day threads for one reason or another... Are they always this wanky and hilarious?

Bunch of fucking drama queens. Third string losing in least important competition three days before a home game with Chelsea is hardly worthy of ranting.

Would I rather lose this and give ourselves the best shot against Chelsea? Too fucking right.

Some of you are too obsessed with banners at Old Trafford and can't see the bigger picture. Who gives a fuck if they wallpaper the corporate boxes with 34 years or whatever?

I will be disappointed if our first trophy win is the Carling Cup. Sorry, but it's true. If you think winning this tin pot will stop any piss taking you will be sorely disappointed.
100% right, this banner thing is becoming stupid its clouding people judgement, on top of our terrible injury list a lot of players looked jaded on saturday. Its a bitter pill to take but the league games & europa games are far more important. Imagine if we`d have played a full side & tevez or kompany had got injured, we could kiss good bye to 4th spot & any success in europe.

jaded?? it's september ffs. i know there was a world cup as well but if they're jaded now, they'll be fucked come may.

kippaxblue76 said:
I can see why a lot of posters don't come in the matchday forum, talk about over reaction, jesus christ.
I don't think its that, its the team selection that has bothered most.

Mee, Vidal, Boyata and Cunningham in defence - AGAINST A PREMIER LEAGUE SIDE! At least have Kompany in there with Boyata.

Where is Adebayor? Where is Wright Phillips? Milner, Zabaleta and Silva on the bench as if Mancini thinks the City side is good enough to sneak a win without their help.

Just looking at the teams that have gone out, we really could of won this competion. Same old city better luck next year .

ballinio said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I never see the match day threads for one reason or another... Are they always this wanky and hilarious?

Bunch of fucking drama queens. Third string losing in least important competition three days before a home game with Chelsea is hardly worthy of ranting.

Would I rather lose this and give ourselves the best shot against Chelsea? Too fucking right.

Some of you are too obsessed with banners at Old Trafford and can't see the bigger picture. Who gives a fuck if they wallpaper the corporate boxes with 34 years or whatever?

I will be disappointed if our first trophy win is the Carling Cup. Sorry, but it's true. If you think winning this tin pot will stop any piss taking you will be sorely disappointed.
100% right, this banner thing is becoming stupid its clouding people judgement, on top of our terrible injury list a lot of players looked jaded on saturday. Its a bitter pill to take but the league games & europa games are far more important. Imagine if we`d have played a full side & tevez or kompany had got injured, we could kiss good bye to 4th spot & any success in europe.

Well said. The banner is totally clouding peoples' judgement, it is really getting to people - partly because we do now have a squad that is capable of winning, it's turning people slightly bonkers and making them lose focus.

Sure, I'd like to win the league cup but really, who gives a fuck about it in the grand scheme of things? It's not a question of arrogance, it's a question of priorities, and the league cup is at the bottom of the list.

Of course I understand that many fans don't feel that way, but it is Mancini's job to make hard decisions, not sentimental ones. I find the fact that he plays a second (third?) string in the league cup encouraging - shows that he at least has his eyes on the prize and won't be distracted from what really matters.

Of course I'm not happy that we lost or, it seems, played poorly, and he has to sort that out, but in terms of his team selection he was quite correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.