West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

blue12 said:
Not a great performance ,we tried to play the hollywood pass to often but fair play to the baggies who defended well.
Would love to know how many goals wigan have conceded to the scum since coming into the premiership, it stinks!

Its usually five a game. Whelan`s up fergie arse.

Did enough to win it but didn't get the breaks and Brom played out of thier skins and worked really hard...sometimes in games like this the more direct style of spurs/utd works better but we don't play that way...Balo's shot was inches from goal of the season so far...final ball not the best and we don't look as fluid at the moment but we are still top. Whilst we have had a brilliant start bear in mind Utd's start is a record for them too...plenty to play for and a long way to go and very much looking like a 2 horse race.
We are stronger at this stage than last season...this will go to the wire.

LoveCity said:
This isn't the time for the Bosnian army to enrage everyone with their unbearable bias. Maybe he should have played, more likely maybe he wasn't 100%, and he did nothing of note except waste our last two chances when he came on.

Pisses me off Dzeko can part seas and walk on water. Balotelli was one of the best players on the pitch creating many chances others didnt put away.

scousemanc said:
To all the drama queens: We're not yet half way through the season. We've just drawn an away game in December.

Barcelona (yes the great Barcelona) have drawn 4 and lost 1. So we have a better record than them, in a more difficult league.

So do try to show a bit of perspective and stop getting all girly and dramatic.

Yes, but let's be honest here. Doessn't matter if we a better record than Barca or not. Because we aren't competing against them, we are competing with United.

EaglesFan said:
I am not going to BASH players, or the coach. They dont deserve it.

To me only one clear mistake was made - Dzeko and AJ should have been on at about 70th minute (or even earlier) - right after that Aguero miss. Aguero was invisible and should have been subbed way earlier. He looks fatigued.

If one formation/squad is not working for 70 minutes - what are the chances it will work out for the next 10??

I will never, ever understand substitutions at 80+ minutes (unless you're stealing time).

You bring someone on for 5 minutes - what the f*ck do you expect from them?
Agree - way too late. That WBA team was frankly piss poor and half their players I honestly haven´t heard of. What they did have was a collective determination and application to the task in front of them. I sincerely hope Bob isn´t going to come out with the "tired" excuse. It doesn´t cut with the squad we have and the rags with loads of injuries. Milner should have had more game time in recent matches which is why he was rusty today and I presume that OH is basically a write off

didactic said:
Chuckie007 said:
Džeko shouldve played.

Why are you on our forum if you are a gooner?.

We wasted the chances we had and they played every man behind the ball. We have realise we are now the biggest scalp in the league everyone wants to have a go.

Silva looks tired.
Yaya looks tired.
Aguero lacked sharpness.
Milner was hungover.

i know you are not serious but i didnt know unti the other day that milner is completely tea total!

Blue Tooth said:
sometimes in games like this the more direct style of spurs/utd works better but we don't play that way...

This is very true tbh. I find 4-4-2 an annoyingly dated system on the European stage but in the Premier League most teams still can't defend against two fast wingers smashing in crosses and it could be a Plan B for us when we keep running into brick walls in the middle, though we'd need another winger.

I was particularly dissapointed with the dropping of Nasri after 50 minutes, I thought he was the best player on the park. :( Outside of that, kudos to WB, they fought hard and perhaps deserved the draw.

Winning the league is going to be tough battle for us, especially with refs hell bent on gifting United advantages like they did today. Wigan was actually playing well, when Dowd decided he was gonna give some Wigan kid a straight red for a phantom elbow :(

Anyway, we are a game aawy from halfway thru the season. Didn;t think it was going to be a walk in the park. And it clearly isn't. But we need to play a little faster. Love Zab, but can't wait for Micah to get back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.