West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Thought a draw there was a decent result.

Very tight pitch, little room and i think they are a decent side who had won thier previous 2 games so were confident (why do teams always seem to be in form when they play us lol). Utd were extremely lucky to win there (own goal) and with abit more luck from the officials today we would have won. Still cant believe that handball shout against Barry on the edge of thier area when it hit him clearly in the stomach and the offside goal i thought was onside. Usual habbit of getting zero from officials whilst "them" get more or less everything (soft penalty, soft sending off).

3rd clean sheet in a row but we do need to be abit more clinical as not taking our chances is starting to cost us (Pool, Chelsea and today). Utd yesterday were 3 up despite only having 3 attempts on target at the time.

hertsblue said:
Thought a draw there was a decent result.

Very tight pitch, little room and i think they are a decent side who had won thier previous 2 games so were confident (why do teams always seem to be in form when they play us lol). Utd were extremely lucky to win there (own goal) and with abit more luck from the officials today we would have won. Still cant believe that handball shout against Barry on the edge of thier area when it hit him clearly in the stomach and the offside goal i thought was onside. Usual habbit of getting zero from officials whilst "them" get more or less everything (soft penalty, soft sending off).

3rd clean sheet in a row but we do need to be abit more clinical as not taking our chances is starting to cost us (Pool, Chelsea and today). Utd yesterday were 3 up despite only having 3 attempts on target at the time.
This scares me. They seem to be clinical in front of goal, while we are a bit wasteful. Almost as if we are confident, many more chances will come.

I was a bit dissapointed with the result to be fair. Sure I think they played well enought to deserve a point. But we need to be able to sneak out wins in situations like this. Just like we did at QPR.

bennyboy said:
lostgalaxy said:
We need De Jong back.

Sometimes the pressing game don't win.

We need to sit back and hit on the counter attack.

And De Jong and his ball winning qualities are just great for that.

While upfront Balotelli and Aguero are no less then Tevez in breaking away.

Do you really believe we would have won if De Jong started.

It's not a matter of De Jong over another midfielder mate.

It's about a flexible game plan.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:03 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
The only benefit I could have seen in playing De Jong, since we didn't need to be defensive, might have been to sit back and lure West Brom out of their half so we could catch them on the counter. But that is not the ideal way to go into a game against a team like that, who we should be beating.

Lets see. I say sooner or later we'll have to switch to that poaching tactics rather than goal storming.

Mancini's extreme minded but if he listens to Platt, we'll be fine.

WBA played for the point, time and again turning over possession only to fall back deep. They utterly refused to be pushed and pulled out of position, never be lured by the ball. Very difficult to break through 9 who are content to sit
Bad decisions from the ref. Barry's handball, ffs! =/ But there was poor finishing from the likes of Silva, not to mention his taking that shot not realizing wed been awarded a free kick!!!! So many squandered chances. But Balo looked excellent imo, trying to shake it up.

My one tactical criticism- we allow to much time to the defense once we are in the final third. The ball gets upfield fast enough, and then we just stalled.... very frustrating to watch your team give the opponent time to bring 9 men back and park their bus.

Our main let down was not getting crosses in more quickly and more often during the last 20. Too often we played too many extra passes trying to find the stellar ball to break through. We needed to get more players in the box to supplement this. The more crosses you ping in , in rapid succession the more panic you create. This is exactly how the scum do it. Cranking up the intensity then banging in cross after cross. Eventually something breaks for them. Not advocating this style of play generally but when teams park the bus it´s effective imo
Clichy also needs to get to the byline more when he has opportunities. He got quite a few crosses in yesterday but they were easy to defend against as he was hugging the touchline and often the delivery was flat. He could do with cutting in and using his right for a different type of delivery, unless of course it´s a total swinger!

lostgalaxy said:
bennyboy said:
lostgalaxy said:
We need De Jong back.

Sometimes the pressing game don't win.

We need to sit back and hit on the counter attack.

And De Jong and his ball winning qualities are just great for that.

While upfront Balotelli and Aguero are no less then Tevez in breaking away.

Do you really believe we would have won if De Jong started.

It's not a matter of De Jong over another midfielder mate.

It's about a flexible game plan.

-- Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:03 pm --

LoveCity said:
The only benefit I could have seen in playing De Jong, since we didn't need to be defensive, might have been to sit back and lure West Brom out of their half so we could catch them on the counter. But that is not the ideal way to go into a game against a team like that, who we should be beating.

Lets see. I say sooner or later we'll have to switch to that poaching tactics rather than goal storming.

Mancini's extreme minded but if he listens to Platt, we'll be fine.

Can you explain what that last sentence means about Mancini and Platt?

Thought I would wait till today to post. Great day out. Thanks to all the staff at The Vine pub who made all blues welcome.

Dissapointed not to win but cannot be doing with all the negative blues on here.

We are still top of the league with a long way to go. My prediction is we will beat both Liverpool and Sunderland in the next 2 games. Threads on criticising Mancini make me fucking piss. Stop worrying about the rags. Jesus they have played Wigan and Fulham in the last 2. Lets see when they are away at the bigber so called teams. Joint top and I am happy.

Oh-look how they celebrated at the end because they got a point. This says it all to me now and we better get used to it! I am even more confident we can get a result at Sunderlandbut not looking forward to listening to those sky wankers rimming man united for 90mins.

Didn't hit the heights yesterday but that in itself won't guarantee 3 points (see other away non-wins).

WBA played like we were the home team. Usually after watching the movement of the opposition for 30 mins we produce thoughtful skill and score. Today we didn't. Only seen the 'offside' goal on a stream but Silva had 2 good chances, Balo was inches from scoring the goal of the season. Even with not being on top form we could have had the game sown up.

Ref again iffy on bookings and the handball on Barry was shocking. I would also would have liked to see more than 3 mins injury time. He couldn't wait to blow dead on even thought WBA pissed about for over half of it.

RM maybe should have made changes AJ/Dzeko a bit earlier but hindsight is great.

So the rags won against another rag lovers fc side. I'm not too worried yet. Every team and that includes the rags would take our position and second half fixtures.

firstly some credit to west brom and roy hodgson, tactically very good, a team working to a plan with great discipline.

not quite our day, but nothing to worry about, never seemed to get the run of the ball.

and finally another referee who seemed hell bent on giving city nothing, some incredible decisions, the corner in the first half when albion cannoned a shot off their own player, the non booking of the albion player who commited a foul then bounced the ball angrily in front of the ref, the barry handball, and a multitude of small decisions going against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.