West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Big Dave Watson said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm more concerned with the emphasis now being put on supposedly 'easier away games', in the second part of the season.

There will be no such thing. I'm pretty relaxed when we play a direct rival, our mentality is automatic.

But teams that will be fighting for their lives, West Brom, Sunderland, Wolves, Norwich, Wigan, Everton, Newcastle, Villa...

This is where we will win or lose the title.

Maybe it is conditioning after all the years, but I just don't fancy us at all to get maximums at these places.

We should be miles ahead of United based on our phenomenal start, it's now about being better than them as a team.

It's about consistency. I also feel a lot of teams are still believing in the myth of United.

QPR and Fulham have both turned in performances against United which shame their attitude in games towards us.

Hit the nail on the head mate.

I have an uneasy feeling that we will be in 2nd after new years day. Utd have Wigan & Blackburn at home who will both lie down for them, whereas we have WBA and Sunderland away, both of whom have regained some form. I cant see us winnng both of these although I am happy to be proved wrong.

Other teams are still givin Utd too much respect. Look at last nights game. Utd went into it with injuries and players rested and Fulham had won the last 3 there against them (I think), but look what happened. What about QPR's pathetic defending for Caricks goal, shameful. The goal difference is starting to get pulled back as well. It's 10 goals now, the diference gained from the 6-1 at the swamp. Utd aren't a good side but they keep winning.

Sorry to say it but this has been on the cards. Although we have kept ticking over it looks as though this is our dip. Pointless scoring 5 at Spurs and 6 at Utd if we cant get at least one at places like this. Utd would have had this game sewn up by half time, thats the difference. I dont think we will win at Sunderland either and Utd will probably close the goal difference right down too (5 now). With the monthd fixtures we now have I am concerned.

sam-caddick said:
Can someone tell me despite us playing the best football in the league, numerous 3, 4, 5 goal wins, hardly got any injuries and are level on points with a team plagued with injuries, scraped through a load of 1-0 wins and playing very average Premier League football??

I just hope those big 4 games away for United will be the games that slip them up!!

Shocking performance today especially second half. Must say however, Brom defended very well!

Baconface.

Next....

We're going to blow away the title. They're the kind of games you need to win. Too many players underperformed, and worryingly there looked to be tiredness, and with the schedule we've got, thats a big concern, and Yaya to go in January. I hoped that Fulham would be a one off, we can't afford too many of those kind of games.

BlueCityfan said:
It's ridiculous to think that we won 6-1 away at OT earlier and now they are on level with us.

United are favourites now IMO. Look at their results and they got like 8 odd players injured.

Are they fuck favorites, we've played Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Spurs away, they've only played Liverpool away. We'll win it on home games.

West Brom, and Hodgson have both had a bogey over us for a few seasons, so the result wasn't that much of a surprise. I've been to the Hawthorns several times, and whenever I have we've lost (I didn't go today), so in that respect the score was an improvement. West Brom like so many sides, set their stall out to frustrate us, and succeeded. We didn't have too bad an approach play, but just couldn't break them down. If one of the chances had gone in, we wouldn't be so downbeat. Onwards to Sunderland, and hopefully make amends.

Not a great performance ,we tried to play the hollywood pass to often but fair play to the baggies who defended well.
Would love to know how many goals wigan have conceded to the scum since coming into the premiership, it stinks!

BOBBYISOURLEADER said:
You don't win a title by managing a point at west brom.
Pretty sure United threw away a 2 goal lead at home to West Brom last year.....

Media are gonna have a field day!

TBH if we can't win the League when Man U have their worst squad ever and we have spent half a billion pounds, then we don't deserve to win anything.

To all the drama queens: We're not yet half way through the season. We've just drawn an away game in December.

Barcelona (yes the great Barcelona) have drawn 4 and lost 1. So we have a better record than them, in a more difficult league.

So do try to show a bit of perspective and stop getting all girly and dramatic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.