West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

The Fat el Hombre said:
Shit conceding 2 goals but a good performance and an important win. I actually don't think conceding 2 goals will be so bad for us with southampton away in mind. I think one of our problems away rom home has been our overconfidence at the back, after those 2, we should be on our toes against southampton on sat
absolutely agree with that. Especially with the goals being so soft we won't want to let that happen again.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Great fist 35 mins. Up there with our best of the season.

Second half we were very average and once again when you take off our best players we look average.

Demichelis is not a great player. I would put Lescott in over him.

Dzeko. Great first 30 but dropped off so much and once again turned in a lacklustre 2nd half performance.

Have to up the concentration against Southampton.

Good three points though.

Ouch, luckily I missed that "great fist"....must have been off the ball
Good win on a night when we had to win. Finally picked up some points over Arsenal as they only drew there earlier.

Yaya_Tony said:
Demi, yaya, dzeko played very well, great to see kompany looking good too. Shame only about the conceded goals coz it could have been a clean sheet there and should in the end have been more than a one goal difference after the 1st half performance. We battered them.

We could and should have had 7 or 8 goals tonight, but I'm happy with the three we got. I think the defence were OK there were a few stray passes and a couple of mix-ups between midfield and defence but I think although Dzeko started well he dropped off in performance as the game went on. In the beginning he played some great one-two's, and the first goal his part was essential for the goals but in the second half the ball kept bouncing off him.

Great performance for 80 mins then...
Classic City Comedy Moments... All it needed was an exploding clown car to cap it off.

1369384701_clown-car-mayhem.jpg

TheKingOfTown said:
The 2nd half was a drag tbh. Sad that we conceded twice. At least we won though. On to Southampton!

the fist 20 mins of the 2nd half they had a go at us if we had conceded in that period it may have been another story,we will have to watch this at southampton if we switch off they will punish us

Thought Demichelis did the hard things well and the simple things badly tbh, Good possession play, passed it well, but fudged a few clearances and obviously the way he got done by Anichebe at the end was very poor. I would be tempted by Lescott for the southampton game, but then again, Lescott under the southampton press?? maybe not. Unsure. Positives and negatives for both.

Jimfv1 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Demi, yaya, dzeko played very well, great to see kompany looking good too. Shame only about the conceded goals coz it could have been a clean sheet there and should in the end have been more than a one goal difference after the 1st half performance. We battered them.

We could and should have had 7 or 8 goals tonight, but I'm happy with the three we got. I think the defence were OK there were a few stray passes and a couple of mix-ups between midfield and defence but I think although Dzeko started well he dropped off in performance as the game went on. In the beginning he played some great one-two's, and the first goal his part was essential for the goals but in the second half the ball kept bouncing off him.
The sub I thought we'd make some before kickoff was dzeko for negredo at about 60/70 mins. Didn't happen. What do i know, eh?

At the end we were climbing the terrace to leave and the West Brom announcer was giving out the final scores for all the matches.

He came to "Manchester United nil, Everton 1" which provoked a massive cheer from the City fans, and fair play to him, quickly added "I thought you'd like that one!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.