West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Didsbury Dave said:
strongbowholic said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Easy win. Very impressive. Two silly goals at the end but we'd rested players and switched off a bit.

We are going to win this league. That win was huge psychologically.
Don't disagree at all. Great performance tonight apart from switching off in the last 15 when Sergio, Yaya and Sami went off. Pellers clearly got an eye on Soton Saturday and then Bayern midweek.

I've kept out of the criticism of Dzeko, but really felt for him tonight. He looked lost, out of sorts, out of confidence and out of luck. Combination of just not getting his feet right and poor decision making; playing like someone on his way out in January. Could even argue to a small degree it was like having 10 men on the pitch at times such was his input.

Plenty will slag you off Edin, but I'll always have a soft spot for you. That said, can't really seeing playing much more of a part with us once Jovetic is back to fitness and with Guidetti getting a sniff on the bench the other week.

What a brilliant post that is, strongbow. Dzeko is a player playing without confidence. He's been left behind by the 'new' city's tight control and passing game. He seems desperate to put it right but just can't. Like you, I can see beyond the silly fan stuff about ' no effort' and 'wrong attitude' and can see a player devastated that he isn't delivering.

I totally agree that he is on his way out. If we win at Southampton the the decision to pick him tonight was the correct one of course.

He was good in the first half, but was receiving the ball higher up the pitch quite regularly earlier on.

I think the combination of Kun not pulling it back for him for that chance and early in the 2nd half where he received the ball 40/50 yards from goal and had no real option but to run with it, and quickly lost it, I think that killed his confidence and then he turned into Jekyll and made every wrong decision going and ended up almost every attack on the left wing for god knows what reason.

Decent match up until a point, Demichelis getting turned by Anichibe of all people was shocking. Atmosphere was decent though, I thought our atmosphere at Eastlands was bad but the Baggies had just one chant/song that caught on, made the Corner and SS's efforts like Dortmunds Yellow Wall in comparison. Loved the Yaya Toure/Delilah song and Jingle Bells/City win away.

I think Dzeko's poor decision making is a direct result of loosing his starting spot. He's desperate to start every game and knows the only way to regain it is to score goals. So he tends to force things in an attempt to impress. Trying to beat defenders off the dribble, trying to dribble past 2 and 3 defenders etc.. instead of making the simple pass. Totally understandable but the manager needs to get in his ear and let him know that that type of play isn't going to get him in the line-up. That just playing a good team game and we win would be enough to get him more game time.

Pretty much the same view as all of you, excellent first half but very poor in the second. 3-2 certainly flattered West Brom but in many ways it was an ideal night in that we made sure of the points (just about) early enough to give the likes of Kun and Nasri a rest for the weekend.

Although I am a bit wary of how Southampton might respond to tonight's result, I'm still confident that we can go there and win. I don't agree with the opinion that those last 10 minutes tonight have seen the doubt creep in again. The likes of Yaya, Aguero, Nasri, Negredo are in such superb goal scoring form that there's no way they'll be apprehensive after tonight.
Let's hope we get Silva back and match fit this weekend too.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Didsbury Dave said:
strongbowholic said:
Don't disagree at all. Great performance tonight apart from switching off in the last 15 when Sergio, Yaya and Sami went off. Pellers clearly got an eye on Soton Saturday and then Bayern midweek.

I've kept out of the criticism of Dzeko, but really felt for him tonight. He looked lost, out of sorts, out of confidence and out of luck. Combination of just not getting his feet right and poor decision making; playing like someone on his way out in January. Could even argue to a small degree it was like having 10 men on the pitch at times such was his input.

Plenty will slag you off Edin, but I'll always have a soft spot for you. That said, can't really seeing playing much more of a part with us once Jovetic is back to fitness and with Guidetti getting a sniff on the bench the other week.

What a brilliant post that is, strongbow. Dzeko is a player playing without confidence. He's been left behind by the 'new' city's tight control and passing game. He seems desperate to put it right but just can't. Like you, I can see beyond the silly fan stuff about ' no effort' and 'wrong attitude' and can see a player devastated that he isn't delivering.

I totally agree that he is on his way out. If we win at Southampton the the decision to pick him tonight was the correct one of course.

He was good in the first half, but was receiving the ball higher up the pitch quite regularly earlier on.

I think the combination of Kun not pulling it back for him for that chance and early in the 2nd half where he received the ball 40/50 yards from goal and had no real option but to run with it, and quickly lost it, I think that killed his confidence and then he turned into Jekyll and made every wrong decision going and ended up almost every attack on the left wing for god knows what reason.
This^^

Dynamo11 said:
Decent match up until a point, Demichelis getting turned by Anichibe of all people was shocking. Atmosphere was decent though, I thought our atmosphere at Eastlands was bad but the Baggies had just one chant/song that caught on, made the Corner and SS's efforts like Dortmunds Yellow Wall in comparison. Loved the Yaya Toure/Delilah song and Jingle Bells/City win away.

DeMichelis will learn from that ... needs to learn how strong an old-fashion english centre forward is.

why Kolarov didnt use his left foot to clear the ball instead of passing it back across the ball was stupid.

Still cant rate Garcia, he needs to go in January and get replaced by someone better (bring back Barry me thinks)

first things first, thanks for 3 points

second:
why in hell we pull that early out of away games , crucial goals in the last 15 minutes of the games have put us in this position

Aston villa 73' and 75'
Cardiff 60' & 79' & 87'
Chelsea 90'

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Still cant rate Garcia, he needs to go in January and get replaced by someone better (bring back Barry me thinks)

Still think getting Big Nige back would be a bonus to this team, would suit that holding position to a tee

Dzeko got progressively worse as the game went on, but to be fair, he played a key role in the first goal, finding a nice delayed pass through to Zabs for the cross to Kun. He's got 30 good mins in him. Would be a perfect sub if he could stay interested in that.

A lot of folks worried about Southampton here, but we know their game plan - they will press us high up the pitch, I think MP will have us ready and I fancy us to win again, to leave us going into the showdown with Arsenal with a 4 game winning streak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.