West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Very comfortable away victory over a tricky side. 2-3 was very flattering to WBA. This could be a defining moment in our season!

kawkav said:
first things first, thanks for 3 points

second:
why in hell we pull that early out of away games , crucial goals in the last 15 minutes of the games have put us in this position

Aston villa 73' and 75'
Cardiff 60' & 79' & 87'
Chelsea 90'

You are right however the game was won, but it was a wake up call, the tactics we employ ensure that at stages of the game the other team will get quite a bit of possession, its this early goal thing that's interesting

Ducado said:
kawkav said:
first things first, thanks for 3 points

second:
why in hell we pull that early out of away games , crucial goals in the last 15 minutes of the games have put us in this position

Aston villa 73' and 75'
Cardiff 60' & 79' & 87'
Chelsea 90'

You are right however the game was won, but it was a wake up call, the tactics we employ ensure that at stages of the game the other team will get quite a bit of possession, its this early goal thing that's interesting

MP's quotes seem to suggest he and players are switching off because they are thinking of the other games ahead.

allan harper said:
It all started to go wrong when we started singing 'Jingle Bells' fucking jinx that song.

Watching the game and when I heard the City fans singing "jingle bells" I just knew Everton had scored.
Pretty obvious I suppose but I felt chuffed!

Shirley said:
allan harper said:
It all started to go wrong when we started singing 'Jingle Bells' fucking jinx that song.

Watching the game and when I heard the City fans singing "jingle bells" I just knew Everton had scored.
Pretty obvious I suppose but I felt chuffed!

We were at the back of the Stand and my mate shouted Everton have scored, a few hundred blues turned round and looked at us, I said you better be right or we're gonna get beat up. From then on it was nothing but piss taking.

Should have been out of sight at half time. We were extremely wasteful and it could have cost us
As brilliant as Sergio is, he was poor in his decision making

Still, a win is a win and we were very, very good in the first half

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Didsbury Dave said:
strongbowholic said:
Don't disagree at all. Great performance tonight apart from switching off in the last 15 when Sergio, Yaya and Sami went off. Pellers clearly got an eye on Soton Saturday and then Bayern midweek.

I've kept out of the criticism of Dzeko, but really felt for him tonight. He looked lost, out of sorts, out of confidence and out of luck. Combination of just not getting his feet right and poor decision making; playing like someone on his way out in January. Could even argue to a small degree it was like having 10 men on the pitch at times such was his input.

Plenty will slag you off Edin, but I'll always have a soft spot for you. That said, can't really seeing playing much more of a part with us once Jovetic is back to fitness and with Guidetti getting a sniff on the bench the other week.

What a brilliant post that is, strongbow. Dzeko is a player playing without confidence. He's been left behind by the 'new' city's tight control and passing game. He seems desperate to put it right but just can't. Like you, I can see beyond the silly fan stuff about ' no effort' and 'wrong attitude' and can see a player devastated that he isn't delivering.

I totally agree that he is on his way out. If we win at Southampton the the decision to pick him tonight was the correct one of course.

He was good in the first half, but was receiving the ball higher up the pitch quite regularly earlier on.

I think the combination of Kun not pulling it back for him for that chance and early in the 2nd half where he received the ball 40/50 yards from goal and had no real option but to run with it, and quickly lost it, I think that killed his confidence and then he turned into Jekyll and made every wrong decision going and ended up almost every attack on the left wing for god knows what reason.

I spent the first 35 minutes trying to get a working stream so didn't see that But I watched the highlights, Lovely layoff for the goad but as you say, second half it was dzeko at his worst, running down blind alleys and losing possession.

Good point about him receiving the ball deep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.