West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

CaliforniaBlue said:
strongbowholic said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Easy win. Very impressive. Two silly goals at the end but we'd rested players and switched off a bit.

We are going to win this league. That win was huge psychologically.
Don't disagree at all. Great performance tonight apart from switching off in the last 15 when Sergio, Yaya and Sami went off. Pellers clearly got an eye on Soton Saturday and then Bayern midweek.

I've kept out of the criticism of Dzeko, but really felt for him tonight. He looked lost, out of sorts, out of confidence and out of luck. Combination of just not getting his feet right and poor decision making; playing like someone on his way out in January. Could even argue to a small degree it was like having 10 men on the pitch at times such was his input.

Plenty will slag you off Edin, but I'll always have a soft spot for you. That said, can't really seeing playing much more of a part with us once Jovetic is back to fitness and with Guidetti getting a sniff on the bench the other week.

I agree that Dzeko's decision making was very poor on several occasions in the second half, but he was very good in the first - excellent pass to Zaba for the first goal, set up Aguero for two great chances, and popped up with an important defensive header that probably saved us a goal.

Yeah, right to keep this out of the Dzeko thread. I couldn't understand the difference. He went out of his way in the first half to be unselfish and involved. Played some good stuff too. Then in the second - apart from one great defensive interception - he looked like he'd lost it completely.

Were there words between him and Kun I wonder?

Didsbury Dave said:
I spent the first 35 minutes trying to get a working stream so didn't see that
Download Aceplayer and find those Russian HD streams on Wizwig. Good quality and the added bonus of not having to care about what the commentators say.

sir baconface said:

Quite possibly. They did have an exchange in the first half and as I said, Aguera's decision making last night was poor

I felt sorry for Dzeko. He took up a couple of great positions last night and should have been given the ball and the same on Sunday. Nasri went for his hat trick, when a simple pass would have left Dzeko with only the keeper to beat

The Pink Panther said:
sir baconface said:

Quite possibly. They did have an exchange in the first half and as I said, Aguera's decision making last night was poor

I felt sorry for Dzeko. He took up a couple of great positions last night and should have been given the ball and the same on Sunday. Nasri went for his hat trick, when a simple pass would have left Dzeko with only the keeper to beat
Let's hope Pellers is spotting these and correcting them.

Really enjoyed being at the game last night.Thought the atmosphere was fantastic created by the blues and wish our home suppport was as good.
I left at 3-1 only to be text by a mate saying we'd conceded a 2nd which I was annoyed about.
To summarise..Great first half where we could easily have had 4 or 5.
2nd half we were way to casual.

Sorry may I just mention this.

Dzeko is not good enough I am afraid. Serious lack of effort and that chance when he was running twds goal and not shooting etc. Seriously poor I am afraid.
Why did he take Sergio off - I really do not get it.

Anyway..onto Saturday.Defend like we did 2nd half and I fear the worst

Overall an excellent win at against tricky opposition. We looked great going forward but I found I was tearing my hair out at some of the stuff that went on in the last 20 minutes or so. We had two free kicks that were just casually passed to the opposition which summed up our sloppy attitude. If we could develop a degree of mental steel we would walk this league.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Really enjoyed being at the game last night.Thought the atmosphere was fantastic created by the blues and wish our home suppport was as good.
I left at 3-1 only to be text by a mate saying we'd conceded a 2nd which I was annoyed about.
To summarise..Great first half where we could easily have had 4 or 5.
2nd half we were way to casual.

Sorry may I just mention this.

Dzeko is not good enough I am afraid. Serious lack of effort and that chance when he was running twds goal and not shooting etc. Seriously poor I am afraid.
Why did he take Sergio off - I really do not get it.

Anyway..onto Saturday.Defend like we did 2nd half and I fear the worst

Because he is our best player this season and we have two extremely important league fixtures coming up in the next ten days
We were 3-0 up with twenty minutes to go. It was a sensible substitution

This is not a moan from a Blue Who's Never Satisfied. O.K? Got that out of the way.
If Pellegrini gave them a bollocking for the two goals conceded, when we were totally — but totally — in charge for the first 75 minutes, then some of that bollocking should have gone his own way. I know he needs to protect players etc., but that was one substitution too many last night. Take Sergio out: o.k. there's a hole, but we can deal with it. Take Nasri out, the way he's playing at present: we're really starting to feel it. Take Yaya out, and you've then got a situation where there's no one simply holding the ball calmly in midfield, knocking it back and forth, playing the game out. West Brom were given more possession in the last fifteen minutes than in the first seventy five. The two goals were simply pressure goals (for what it's worth, I don't have Pants at fault for either of them, I suppose we can agree on that. Keep him in for the Saints match, I say). It annoyed me, intensely, because it's not the killer instinct that you need to win that Premiership. Had we won, clean sheet, 3-0, that result would have looked fairly different to me. As it is, it was shades of Chelsea, shades of Villa. Yes, it's three points, and many will say, who give a…? The way you win matters, too.

DruntBlunt said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I spent the first 35 minutes trying to get a working stream so didn't see that
Download Aceplayer and find those Russian HD streams on Wizwig. Good quality and the added bonus of not having to care about what the commentators say.

Firstrow's a guddun.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
This is not a moan from a Blue Who's Never Satisfied. O.K? Got that out of the way.
If Pellegrini gave them a bollocking for the two goals conceded, when we were totally — but totally — in charge for the first 75 minutes, then some of that bollocking should have gone his own way. I know he needs to protect players etc., but that was one substitution too many last night. Take Sergio out: o.k. there's a hole, but we can deal with it. Take Nasri out, the way he's playing at present: we're really starting to feel it. Take Yaya out, and you've then got a situation where there's no one simply holding the ball calmly in midfield, knocking it back and forth, playing the game out. West Brom were given more possession in the last fifteen minutes than in the first seventy five. The two goals were simply pressure goals (for what it's worth, I don't have Pants at fault for either of them, I suppose we can agree on that. Keep him in for the Saints match, I say). It annoyed me, intensely, because it's not the killer instinct that you need to win that Premiership. Had we won, clean sheet, 3-0, that result would have looked fairly different to me. As it is, it was shades of Chelsea, shades of Villa. Yes, it's three points, and many will say, who give a…? The way you win matters, too.

He actually admitted that error. He said "Some of the players thought the game was won before it was. Maybe I did too".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.