West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I back Vinny to turn it around. Can not fathom anyone who says we should drop our captain. Short memories!

From being extremely nervous about the opening fixture a few days ago, I'm now feeling confident. I haven't got a clue why - we can't defend for love nor money - but I believe we'll win.
Have we had a problem defending in previous seasons?

At Stuttgart we were trying a new system without all our defensive midfielders.

I back Vinny to turn it around. Can not fathom anyone who says we should drop our captain. Short memories!
That type of thinking , will never allow any young players to break through(you cant live off past feats). Yes Vinny is our captain but if his performances are garbage then he should be dropped for someone to be given a chance(that counts for any player)

I agree about the preparation. Why can't we actually use the training facilities we've so pain-stakingly built, or go off to some quiet European location for 3 weeks before a tournament to sharpen up?

I think the team will be easier to pick than usual because the options are minimal, but even now it's very difficult. We don't know whether we are going to retain last season's system, or change to two wide men and a forward. (We know what we did in pre-season, but we may then have been planning for Pogba).
It wouldn't be a surprise to see Kelechi start. If he's good enough for the first team squad then there is a strong possibility he will start. Or maybe Aguero will get the nod?

I really like Bony, but I understand that he has had a serious illness. He seems to be over it, but I'd be amazed if he was at his best in such a short time.

-------------------Hart
Sagna---Kompany--Mangala--Kolarov
-----------Delph--Toure
------------Silva---Nasri
------------Bony--Sterling
That looks pretty strong to me Marvin, I'd go with that.

I agree about the preparation. Why can't we actually use the training facilities we've so pain-stakingly built, or go off to some quiet European location for 3 weeks before a tournament to sharpen up?

I think the team will be easier to pick than usual because the options are minimal, but even now it's very difficult. We don't know whether we are going to retain last season's system, or change to two wide men and a forward. (We know what we did in pre-season, but we may then have been planning for Pogba).
It wouldn't be a surprise to see Kelechi start. If he's good enough for the first team squad then there is a strong possibility he will start. Or maybe Aguero will get the nod?

I really like Bony, but I understand that he has had a serious illness. He seems to be over it, but I'd be amazed if he was at his best in such a short time.

-------------------Hart
Sagna---Kompany--Mangala--Kolarov
-----------Delph--Toure
------------Silva---Nasri
------------Bony--Sterling

Good team but Delph won't be fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.