West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like that! But its a big call to have him in from the start ahead of the most expensive defender in our history.

I reckon 8 are locked in to start
Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
SIlva
Yaya
Sterling

The other 3 from Kelechi, Bony, Nasri, Fernando and Zucculini

Swap Zuculini for Fernandinho and add Navas into the mix and you're spot on.

I don't see any of the South Americans that appeared in the Copa America starting.

We can't risk having one player - especially a central midfielder or defender - who isn't 100% yet away from home against a Tony Pulis side.

As much as I want to see Vinny and Mangala play together, I have not seen any evidence to date to believe they compliment each other. Denayer impressed during pre season, and I would like to see him play alongside Mangala on Monday.

Journalist in the press conference said 'many are tipping City as favourites'

Well I have seen 2 out of about 40 'experts' tipping us to win the league, most have us 3rd-5th, so I dunno what he's been doing

As much as I want to see Vinny and Mangala play together, I have not seen any evidence to date to believe they compliment each other. Denayer impressed during pre season, and I would like to see him play alongside Mangala on Monday.

Mangala and Denayer would be exploited imo. You would have to have one of either kompany or Demichiles to play alongside him. Realistically Kompany will not be dropped and I personally can not forsee anything but ;

Sagna.....Kompany......Mangala.....Kolarov

Mangala and Denayer would be exploited imo. You would have to have one of either kompany or Demichiles to play alongside him. Realistically Kompany will not be dropped and I personally can not forsee anything but ;

Sagna.....Kompany......Mangala.....Kolarov

This ^
Kompany must start as captain of our club, unless unfit.

dont know if this has been posted before; cheering piece of news if you ask me:

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-ci...-sergio-aguero-and-david-silva-overcome-virus

By Richard Jolly
Tweet

6 hours ago
Sergio Aguero, David Silva overcome virus, available for Man City opener
i

ESPN FC's Steve Nicol and Craig Burley spare no one in their assessment of Manchester City.

MANCHESTER -- Sergio Aguero and David Silva will be in contention for Manchester City's Premier League opener after overcoming a virus.

The striker missed the ceremony where he was crowned City's player of the year for the 2014-15 campaign after he, Silva and Samir Nasri were sent home from training on Wednesday because they had a stomach bug.

But all three could face West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns on Monday.

"Aguero, Silva and Nasri: they are working hard," Pellegrini said in a news conference.

i
West Bromwich Albion
i
Manchester City
12:00 PM PT
Game Details
Home: 19/4 Draw: 3/1 Away: 4/6
bet365
But Pellegrini faces a decision whether to involve Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Demichelis and Fernandinho, who were granted time off after the Copa America and have not featured in City's preseason games.

City will definitely be without left-back Gael Clichy and new signing Fabian Delph, who suffered a hamstring injury 18 minutes into his first game for the club, the 4-1 defeat to Real Madrid in Australia.

"The only players that will not be fit for Monday are Clichy, who has a problem in his ankle in the last week and I don't think he will be 100 percent fit to be in the squad list on Monday and Fabian Delph," Pellegrini said.

"He has his hamstring injury in the preseason. All the other players I think will be fit. Aguero, Silva, Nasri they are working hard. Aguero is 100 percent, Silva also. Nasri is returning from his illness."

"Maybe the South American players are not 100 percent to start the season but they are working very hard and very well."

i

Sergio Aguero and David Silva are both on pace to be fit for Man City's Premier League opener on Monday.
Raheem Sterling is set to make his competitive debut after becoming City's record signing when he joined for £49 million from Liverpool.

Pellegrini is confident the winger will prove more prolific for City than for his former club and feels he will slot into a different side with few problems.

"I have a lot of trust you will see Raheem scoring a lot more goals than he scored for Liverpool," he said. "It is easy for good players to settle in a good team. I think we are going to have a very successful player this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.