West Brom vs Man City (pre match discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
another generation said:
The Baggies think they are the new Barcelona. Think we'll have problems unless we're on top form. They're full of self-confidence, to say the least.

We don't think we're the new Barcelona at all but I'm not going to deny we're enjoying what is a very good start in a period where we are the top dogs in Midlands Football. Prior to the investment into City we were both similar clubs so your fans will know how we feel. This is as good as it gets for us and we intend to enjoy it.

Just like last season where we "over-celebrated" a 0-0 draw. It meant a lot to us, purely because of the money you have spent that we could manage to keep you out for 90 minutes.

I remember back many years ago were we both promoted in 01/02 and we beat you at home. Both sides have improved massively since those days. Amazing really.

Liam_Baggies said:
another generation said:
The Baggies think they are the new Barcelona. Think we'll have problems unless we're on top form. They're full of self-confidence, to say the least.

We don't think we're the new Barcelona at all but I'm not going to deny we're enjoying what is a very good start in a period where we are the top dogs in Midlands Football. Prior to the investment into City we were both similar clubs so your fans will know how we feel. This is as good as it gets for us and we intend to enjoy it.

Just like last season where we "over-celebrated" a 0-0 draw. It meant a lot to us, purely because of the money you have spent that we could manage to keep you out for 90 minutes.

I remember back many years ago were we both promoted in 01/02 and we beat you at home. Both sides have improved massively since those days. Amazing really.

I think somewhere in Another Generations post you can find a complement.

Reckon he just meant you are playing decent football at the moment and arn't doing what the opposition expect you to do.

I think I remember that game you're on about. We lost 4-0 didn't we?

If it's the game I'm thinking of we had a decent start to the season, scoring for fun and then we got battered by you lot. Nightmare of a day.

Sam. said:
I think somewhere in Another Generations post you can find a complement.

Reckon he just meant you are playing decent football at the moment and arn't doing what the opposition expect you to do.

I think I remember that game you're on about. We lost 4-0 didn't we?

If it's the game I'm thinking of we had a decent start to the season, scoring for fun and then we got battered by you lot. Nightmare of a day.

I thought he was having a dig so If I've read that wrong (which I probably have) then my apologies.

You're quite right, that's the game. Neil Clement scored a beauty of a free-kick if I remember rightly. There was apparently some trouble before or after the game, I was fairly young then so can't remember it too much.

That season was brilliant. Beating the Wolves to promotion and laid our foundations for where we are now. It's been a long hard road to progress but at the minute, we're all happy.

Liam_Baggies said:
another generation said:

Maine Rd might well have been a crumbling stadium by the time you visited us, but it should still have hinted of something of our past. Remember that in 1999 we were in the old Div 3, at our lowest ebb and averaging attendances that you get now in the Premiership.

I'd also be very careful not to get too carried away by your good start. You may well beat us, but it's just October.

Marvin said:
Maine Rd might well have been a crumbling stadium by the time you visited us, but it should still have hinted of something of our past. Remember that in 1999 we were in the old Div 3, at our lowest ebb and averaging attendances that you get now in the Premiership.

I'd also be very careful not to get too carried away by your good start. You may well beat us, but it's just October.

I don't get the point you're trying to make with your first paragraph.

We won't get carried away, we're just quite simply enjoying our football at the moment. If we can't enjoy it now then we're in the wrong game.

Crap its Clattenburg. Weeks after he failed to send off the Stoke player against us who elbowed Mario (though he did get a ban after the game)

Liam_Baggies said:
Marvin said:

I don't get the point you're trying to make with your first paragraph.

We won't get carried away, we're just quite simply enjoying our football at the moment. If we can't enjoy it now then we're in the wrong game.
Reference your claim that prior to Sheikh Mansour we were similar clubs

--------------------Hart--------------------
--Richards---Kompany----Nastasic---Kolarov---
-------------Milner------Barry---------------
-----------------Yaya Toure-----------------
----------Silva---------------Tevez----------
-------------------Dzeko--------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.