West Brom vs Man City (pre match discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam_Baggies said:
Sam. said:
I think somewhere in Another Generations post you can find a complement.
I thought he was having a dig so If I've read that wrong (which I probably have) then my apologies.
No apologies necessary. I do think West Brom are playing well. The Barcelona bit was a direct quote from my Baggie mate, texted to me after the third goal against QPR, 6 Oct. He was a bit pissed, mind you!

Question: why do Baggies call Villa, 'The Seals'? Had never heard this until recently.

another generation said:
No apologies necessary. I do think West Brom are playing well. The Barcelona bit was a direct quote from my Baggie mate, texted to me after the third goal against QPR, 6 Oct. He was a bit pissed, mind you!

Question: why do Baggies call Villa, 'The Seals'? Had never heard this until recently.

Was a very good goal though, I shall say that.

Haha. It winds them up good and proper so it's just been continued. The official reason was apparently:

"The name was coined by Mike Thomas, then Treasurer of WBASC, who witnessed Villa supporters in the old wooden stand (Trinity Road) clapping at arms length, stamping the wooden floor at the same time while shrieking in a falsetto voice "Villa!". This reminded him of a seal (or probably more likely a sea lion but the distinction was lost on us then)."

From there on it's continued and at the same time annoyed them so it's stuck. We also refer to Vile Park as the Seal Sanctuary.

Liam_Baggies said:
another generation said:
Why do Baggies call Villa, 'The Seals'?
"The name was coined by Mike Thomas, then Treasurer of WBASC, who witnessed Villa supporters in the old wooden stand (Trinity Road) clapping at arms length, stamping the wooden floor at the same time while shrieking in a falsetto voice "Villa!". This reminded him of a seal (or probably more likely a sea lion but the distinction was lost on us then)."

We also refer to Vile Park as the Seal Sanctuary.
Ta. Like it. Not looking forward to Saturday. Am looking for excuses to watch the match alone!

another generation said:
Ta. Like it. Not looking forward to Saturday. Am looking for excuses to watch the match alone!

I'm excited. I'm not expecting anything. We just have to play without fear and hope you're having an off day. If that happens we can get something.

Anyone else noticed our first 4 away games this season are against the 4 teams we drew with away last season ?
Liverpool/Stoke/Fulham/WBA

cibaman said:
Assuming all fit, I think it could be Hart, Maicon, Richards, Kolo, Nastasic, Clichy, Barry, Rodwell, Sinclair, Nasri, Dzeko, Tevez against WBA and Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia, Barry, Milner, Silva, Yaya, Aguero at ajax.

thank fuck you arnt manager, kolo and nastasic, no chance pal.

cibaman said:
Assuming all fit, I think it could be Hart, Maicon, Richards, Kolo, Nastasic, Clichy, Barry, Rodwell, Sinclair, Nasri, Dzeko, Tevez against WBA and Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia, Barry, Milner, Silva, Yaya, Aguero at ajax.
Isn't Kompany suspended for the Ajax match? He will therefore most likely start at WBA with Micah possibly joining Lescott in central defence at Ajax.

Im sitting in with the Baggies for this one, I hate doing it, but there you go...

Anyone know of a decent boozer near the ground for away fans, or one near New Street where blues will congregate?

I to am sat with the baggies . the Mrs has a st at the Hawthorns so I have to sit and be quiet. last year was Hard work. especially when at gte ed they started chanting your gonna win fuck all at us. hoping for it to be another cold one so I can bury my emotions into my generic scarf. can't wait for Swansea.

softlad said:
Im sitting in with the Baggies for this one, I hate doing it, but there you go...

Anyone know of a decent boozer near the ground for away fans, or one near New Street where blues will congregate?

The Vine accepts away fans. Roebuck Lane, not far off the motorway island.

I can't say about New Street as I haven't been drinking up there. The Vine would be your best bet. Do a lovely chicken tikka in there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.