West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

Can have zero excuses there. Out with a whimper. Piss poor showing, no desire in that game at all. To throw away a 5 year reign like that is infuriating. Every single one of our forward players were total dogshit all night, kdb, gundogan, sterling mahrez and Palmer were all as bad as each other, casually jogging around waiting for somebody else to do something, never bothering to show for a forward pass and instead just looking to pick up the ball in the same areas as one another and have nothing infront of them each time they pick up the ball, it was easy for a second string west ham.

Its not the lack of a striker that's cost us because not once did we get the ball into a position where you could say a Kane or whoever scores there, its everybody on the pitch wanting to do the same thing coming towards the ball with no willingness to run off it

Don't know why anybody is focusing on the penalties, that's not knocked us out, it should never get to that stage. That's a lottery, it was in our hands to win it before it gets to that.

I'm not for one second having this bigger fish to fry and less games bollocks after the last 4 years of winning it. It's 4 more games for another trophy, 4 games that players who are complaining about not playing would get more game time had they not been shit tonight.
Just wondering how everybody managed to watch the game. What was it on?. When Sky showed flashes from the match it was obvious to me that Kane or Cavani would have buried at least two especially the last minute header from Sterling.

we played an incredibly strong team full of first team players. Only Cole Palmer was inexperienced and I thought he was one of the best players.

what’s the point in spending millions on players and not rotating the team
what are you talking about ? have u even watched our games this season ?
Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Silva , Grealish , Foden, Jesus didn't start, thats 9 first team players !!! Some were sent in the 2nd half , but still..

Yes we have a very quality team and that helped us win the competition in the last few seasons while also competing in thr PL and the CL , but it can't go om forever , sometimes you lose on penalties,get a grip.. you sound 100%'like a united supporter with your entitlement

He didn’t miss the easiest one mate. I thought he wasn’t too bad, he’s just too slow and predictable on the ball. We have a squad where they’re all jostling for a place and hopefully improving each other. HAMMERS never looked like scoring whereas we just spunk away chance after chance.
Stones equally is a slow passer of the ball yet he rarely gets any pissing on !!!

right am off to bed
had enough of the moaners wanting more and more ? glory hunters
been a manchester city fan all my life and losing a cup game is like water of a ducks back for me

like i said am proud of the 5000 fans going down to london midweek and was loud and proud and backed to team
things like that mean more to me knowing our fans are truly the best in all the land and all the world

Nice.. fans were outstanding. You could only hear City bar the Grealish boos.

25 shots of which 7 were apparently on target and yet we are that poor in front of goal I can remember only 2 of them. For me getting knocked out is irrelevant, what is a killer though is that Raheem Sterling managed to play 90 minutes without being hooked, when he was so fucking woeful he may as well wore a West Ham shirt. I don't think I have seen another player who upon receipt of the ball has a complete mental shutdown and becomes so bloody unaware of what's going on around him that he invariably does the oppositions defending for them by running up blind allies. Just how the hell is he still here? Him and KDB are currently drawing wages under false pretences.

Just wondering how everybody managed to watch the game. What was it on?. When Sky showed flashes from the match it was obvious to me that Kane or Cavani would have buried at least two especially the last minute header from Sterling.
Hesgoal (re watching the match)

Unfortunately the form of Bernardo, Rodri, Dias, Ederson, Foden and Jesus is covering up the fact that for a variety of different reasons, Gundogan, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Fernandinho are in poor form.
Hasnt Sterling been in poor form for 2 seasons now ?

Fuck, no quadruple :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.