West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

- West Ham are really well-organized side. We made enough chances to win the game, and we didn't take them.

- Kev still not at his best. Sterling still not at his best, and each game the pressure builds on him. I don't know why Mahrez looks like a different player in Europe than in domestic games. Gundo looks like his match fitness isn't up yet, and we could have done with the player of last winter who would have buried one of those chances.

- We really missed Rodri and Bernie who seem to work so well together in the middle and just give us something a bit extra.

- Palmer looked sharp again.

- Zinchenko got minutes in his legs.

- Foden and Grealish gave us something else when they came on, pity they didn't have extra time to push on because I think we would have won it.

- Stones was mature, got his head down, and seems to understand what he needs to do to get back into the first team.

- I thought Fernandinho had a good game actually. He did lots of good defensive work, sniffed out lots of counter attacks.

- Absolutely no clue what happened in the penalty shootout because of the camera angle. Did Steffen get his hands to two and they were too strong?

Another match where we have between 20 & 30 chances, and miss them all. No doubt it will continue to happen fairly regularly. It is exasperating as no other club does this anywhere near as often.

Still, I suppose the time to actually start worrying will be when the chances dry up ... which is not likely with Pep and the incredible chance-creators we have.

So far he`s proved he he will make it with City. Maybe not as a regular starter (but who is apart from 4/5 players) but the lad has never let us down.We`ve had far more many wins with him starting ... than losing !!!
Reading your posts from early oakiecokie, and have fathomed you love a good argument.
Is it my turn now?
You seem to be well up for sitting all day on here being prickly.
But hey I'll have it all the way as I'm not in work tomorrow and and having a very good dram up here in the Highlands

Thought we played fairly poorly for us which is still significantly better than most other teams and should have won it in normal time.

Think the form of a few of the players showed why they’re normally on the bench at the mo. Was the right game to try and play a few into form though and I don’t think there was a lack of effort by any of them.

Very disappointed. All the jibes about our history and, this season, we could have made history that would likely have never been broken. 5 league cups on the trot would have actually done me for the season. I especially love the league cup final and, although I’m probably in a minority, I’d actually have rather won tonight and not beat Palace on Saturday, (which presumes we win on Saturday)….

what are you talking about ? have u even watched our games this season ?
Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Silva , Grealish , Foden, Jesus didn't start, thats 9 first team players !!! Some were sent in the 2nd half , but still..

Yes we have a very quality team and that helped us win the competition in the last few seasons while also competing in thr PL and the CL , but it can't go om forever , sometimes you lose on penalties,get a grip.. you sound 100%'like a united supporter with your entitlement
Cracking post and spot on with everything. Nobody has a divine right to win and less midweek matches can help us in the long run.

Bit more cutting edge and you’d have done us in normal time. Happy we won, tempered by the fact it means more games we could do without. To be fair this is the first time in living memory I can recall our lot understanding the fine art of defending - but I’m almost miffed we didn’t get beat by a side most whu don’t mind losing to..! Good luck for the rest of the season fellas…

West Ham are at least a well coached and organized, United haven't worked on that shape, or any shape apparently, all season.

United should think about getting West Ham's coach in, I think he'd do a good job there. ;)
They tried to press Liverpool even though they don’t know how to press, and got twatted. They’ll sit deep against us and will probably win on the counter attack. Just the kind of thing that is likely to happen to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.