West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

Reading your posts from early oakiecokie, and have fathomed you love a good argument.
Is it my turn now?
You seem to be well up for sitting all day on here being prickly.
But hey I'll have it all the way as I'm not in work tomorrow and and having a very good dram up here in the Highlands
No its its not a good argument, its proof that a lot of City fans do not like the lad due to his background ... he wasn`t signed from a recognised top team.
Care to expand on how he played poorly ... assuming thats your point ... if not ... then what the fuck are you talking about.
I rest my case.

As I've been saying all season... We're good. In fact we're very very good! But we're a world class Striker & a Messi short of being Pep's best ever side.

We may never get that once in a generation Messi-type Superstar, but attaining a world class striker who can make the difference in tight games like tonight's with a moment of magic, is well within our reach.

We know what we've got to do next summer. I wish for Haaland, but I doubt we stand a cat in hell's chance of getting him, so we'll do what we always do... We'll drop a level below, at a price we can justify, & hopefully turn that player into the world class Superstar we need for tight games.

It's not Goodbye League Cup, it's Au Revoir until next year. I'm fuckin gutted beyond belief, but I just knew we'd lose tonight, & my worse fears came true. :-(

Last edited:
All season he seems to be a yard off the pace, his normally precision passes aren’t finding their target like they used to and he isn’t influencing games like the KDB we know and love.

I really hope he’s just not quite up to full match fitness and it’s not the effect of one too many bad injuries.
Hope so to pal but he's been below par for a while now.

OFFS !!
How many of that starting eleven will start against the Rags.
Fucking stupid comments !!!
I stand by what I said and don't give a fuck if you think they're stupid!!!

All our goal-scorers played tonight and we couldn't score against a side who defend deep in numbers - AGAIN!
Southampton
PSG
West Ham
If you think thats honky dory - great.

It may be me, but I seriously wonder why we don`t try and shoot on sight instead of trying to find a team-mate with too much tippy tappy ?.We did it on at least 6-7 occasions tonight.
Perhaps I`m being a little nit picky but we did exactly the same against Southampton.Yes I know mate, we `ve scored umpteen goals this season but at times we need to change our direction and just go for the wallop.
There was one game this season, I can't remember which one now (possibly Wycombe or leipzig? ) where we was noticeably shooting from the edge of the box a lot more and we scored a few from it, could and probably was because the keeper was shit though.

we have players who are very good at shooting from that kind of range, whilst we will never be a shoot on sight side and I understand a shot from that distance can reset 5 minutes of work shifting the opposition side to side waiting for a gap to appear it's definitely a under used weapon in our attack. foden, mahrez, kdb and gundogan to name just a few all have a great shot on them.
Just wondering how everybody managed to watch the game. What was it on?. When Sky showed flashes from the match it was obvious to me that Kane or Cavani would have buried at least two especially the last minute header from Sterling.
I found a random stream online, I think it had something to do with ESPN, possibly an affiliate channel rather than ESPN itself. Was in English but no idea what country it was broadcast to.

They tried to press Liverpool even though they don’t know how to press, and got twatted. They’ll sit deep against us and will probably win on the counter attack. Just the kind of thing that is likely to happen to us.
No, I appreciate the point and agree that I think they'll sit back against us and try and cling on for dear life. But I also think playing a solid low block requires tactical skill and commitment and time on the training pitch, which it doesn't look like they'll have. I suspect we'll beat them as convincingly as Liverpool did but it will be 1 or 2-0.

I stand by what I said and don't give a fuck if you think they're stupid!!!

All our goal-scorers played tonight and we couldn't score against a side who defend deep in numbers - AGAIN!
Southampton
PSG
West Ham
If you think thats honky dory - great.
Well you obviously fall into that category if you think that our downfall will be that second string eleven will get beat by the Rags .. as they wont even start.What part of that don`t you understand ??

Always disappointing to go out of a competition, but not too despondent about tonight. It’s not like we got battered, or went down without a fight. We didn’t play that badly, just lacked a cutting edge against a well organised side. Penalties always a bit of a lottery. Hopefully not having the extra fixtures will help with the league and CL, and we’ll go all out for the FA Cup this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.