West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

First time we've been to the London Stadium on the coach usually drive and stay over, the coach park is over a mile away from the ground didn't get back to Denton until 3.30am

great stuff
you and the rest of the 5000 blues was loud all night and did us proud

I'm convinced of his quality and could see it when I saw him in the youth cup. I think he will make it with us. You can see the balance and control, and there was one lovely moment where he ran with the ball and fed Gundo in behind who should have scored.

Like all players coming through, there's a massive gulf in quality to bridge between EDS and first team. Foden took 3 years to really bridge it. Palmer I expect the same. I'm impressed with the way that he's being assimilated and hope we don't get the exact same as we had with Foden, everyone clamouring for more game time when he isn't ready. In fact I've just thought of something: whilst dropping out of the League Cup eases the fixture list, it reduces the opportunities for these kids to play.
I thought he did really well last night against a good West Ham team. I thought he found space well at times on the half turn and his control and touch were first class.

Shit happens.
I still haven't got over Sunderland scoring a last minute winner against us on (I think it was) New Year's Day 2012 after being played of the park for 90 mins.
I found that defeat especially traumatic for some reason.
Martin Tyler didn’t

There's definitely an argument (one that I subscribe to) that we play our best stuff without a striker, big PL games and CL games at full strength we have performed much better without one.

Games like this where we are disjointed because we have players coming in from the sidelines, youth team or back from Injury, that's where you need that strikers instinct.

We looked very flat but there's quality in all the attacking positions to provide the odd quality ball and a bit of movement and a decent finish would have been all required to win last night in normal time. Basically they bail you out when you're not playing well.

Away games where we are going to heavily rotate will be completely different to last season as the fans get behind a packed defence more and more as the game goes on.

Imo we should have got Ings or Daka they wouldn't have minded not being first choice.
I thought we should have got Daka as well, he’s a good player.

Heard the “All the way to Kiev” chant a lot last night… awful, pointless chant that needs to stop

The West Ham fans were great as usual. Drinking with them at Hackney Wick beforehand and later in the hotel. They are very similar to our fanbase.
West Ham fans have always been good with City, example of that was after we got relegated at Upton Park in 1987.

Why the benefit of doubt for Gundo. Apart from those 3 months when he scored a few tap-ins last season, he’s been rubbish for city. And pep’s penchant of playing him in big CL matches is the single reason we haven’t won the trophy yet. Every cl exit so far, be it tottenham, Liverpool, lyon or Chelsea, he’s been at the heart of it and it boils down to an inept performance in midfield by gundogun. If Fernandinho or even rodri had played in the final alongside Bernardo, we would have beaten Chelsea and won the CL.
nonsense

First time we've been to the London Stadium on the coach usually drive and stay over, the coach park is over a mile away from the ground didn't get back to Denton until 3.30am
Early night that, we got back to Cheadle Hulme at 4. Given your previous comment about the Lost Boys (great film) reckon we were on the same coach. Think the latest score at one time was Lost 2 - Clink 1.

Quite a long walk but not exactly difficult - exit ground, turn right, hit main road, turn left

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.