Demichelis
Clichy
Fernandinho
Delph
Yaya
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

Sagna may come in for Zabaleta - albeit I woud like to see Zabaleta given a run of games now - the central defensive partnership of Otamendi and Demichelis won't chafe after keeping 3 clean sheets in a row.

I said on here the other day that it should not be underestimated what Demichelis is doing to Otamendi. Being able to communicate as a defender is an absolute necessity so having a fellow country man next to him is surely going to help.
I'd imagine Mangala and Ota can communicate together seeing as they played as a CB pairing for two years.

Time to invoke Disraeli. 3 clean sheets yes, but 2 of those against Norwich, who rested several players for the Cup game and have just lost 3-0 to defensive maestros Bournemouth, and a Palace side who sans Bolasie have completely forgotten where the net is. Shutting out Everton was creditable, but in truth, they showed very little ambition in that game and seemed to play for 0-0 from the outset.

For prime evidence, take a look at Lukaku's winner in the League Cup or Delaney completely unmarked but firing a point-blank range header straight at Hart. And if you are then still wavering, pull up the game at White Hart Lane.

Yes it is something of a risk putting Sagna in at CB, but he is a seasoned professional with experience in that position and has been playing at a way high level than MDM this season. Moreover, we have to make this move at some stage. We can't bet anything on Kompany's fitness and going into a very busy post-Feb period in 4 competitions with just 3 CBs, one of whom is MDM (who is nowhere close to a high class CB any more) is at best rolling the dice, more realistically utterly foolhardy.

Norwich made very few changes.m
Everton just 3 days later scored 3 at Chelsea, so seems odd that they would simply 'show little ambition' but I guess your complete and utter guess as to Everton's mindset suits your arguement.

The funny thing is, you site Palace's only real chance, about 90% Zabaleta's fault.

Granted they were awful at Spurs,mbut Demichellis has been written off before, but time and time again he's proven that with a steady run of games in a steady back four that he is still useful.

Now, we may look a shambles at West Ham, I hope not. Still doesn't take away the fact that it would be simply idiotic to experiment with Sagna. Especially with Zabaleta looking so far off the pace.

Where your whole arguement falls down, you discredit our centre back pairing because Palace 'have forgotten where the net is' yet use Zabaleta's performance against that same side as evidence to totally change the back 4.

How does that make sence?

Time to invoke Disraeli. 3 clean sheets yes, but 2 of those against Norwich, who rested several players for the Cup game and have just lost 3-0 to defensive maestros Bournemouth, and a Palace side who sans Bolasie have completely forgotten where the net is. Shutting out Everton was creditable, but in truth, they showed very little ambition in that game and seemed to play for 0-0 from the outset.

For prime evidence, take a look at Lukaku's winner in the League Cup or Delaney completely unmarked but firing a point-blank range header straight at Hart. And if you are then still wavering, pull up the game at White Hart Lane.

Yes it is something of a risk putting Sagna in at CB, but he is a seasoned professional with experience in that position and has been playing at a way high level than MDM this season. Moreover, we have to make this move at some stage. We can't bet anything on Kompany's fitness and going into a very busy post-Feb period in 4 competitions with just 3 CBs, one of whom is MDM (who is nowhere close to a high class CB any more) is at best rolling the dice, more realistically utterly foolhardy.

If we were going to make the change it would have made more sense to introduce it at Norwich, and then again on Saturday. Why give Demichelis three games playing alongside Otamandi and then break up the partnership for a vital away match? Especially after three clean sheets.

Last edited:
With Everton coming up I'd be tempted to keep the big 3 midfielders rested and go pure counter attack with
----------Fernando
Navas Dinho Delph Sterling
-----------Aguero
Just do something different at a place we don't have a very good record at recently. Surprise them by giving them the ball.

but MP would never do that so I hope he'll go something like
---Dinho--Delph
Silva Yaya Sterling
------Aguero

I've got a really good feeling about this match. (As long as we don't wear that fucking navy blue kit)

I'd field the strongest team possible, 4-2-3-1 with Yaya, Zaba, Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, etc. West Ham are strong this season and we have had some troubles with them in recent times, it'd be 3 very important points to pick up. Besides, the team has had a week's break, they should still have plenty of energy left in them to give Everton a battering afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.