West Ham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Great 2nd half, crucial 3 points, another clean sheet.

more of the same needed vs Leeds to put pressure onto Arsenal. do fucking hope Barcodes aint gonna be opening up their legs at home to Odegaard and Saka. I bet the referee will be booed a lot for trying to help Arse.

hopefully no injuries vs Leeds, Big Fat Sam will try to put some heavy tackles against us.
Hopefully a couple of penalties for us and maybe a sending off for Leeds. No injuries of course...

I was worried about this match, albeit WHU fans were calling on Moyes to play a weakened team & keep their powder dry for the weekend game. Whether they had a sickness bug running through the squad or not, tonight felt like a game that neither side could be arsed with, but needed to fulfil.

We were sub-par by our standards in a forgettable first half. WHU played very narrow & compact & squeezed the space centrally around our forward line & attacking midfielders. We were painfully slow in our build up which gave the Hammers the chance to settle & become comfortable in the match.

In the second we came out with a little more purpose, & I was fuckin relieved when Aké scored with a brilliant header from a set piece. This settled us down & forced WHU to come out & play, albeit cautiously.

Haaland took his goal brilliantly & it was an emotional moment when he became the record PL scorer & is now only 12 behind the legendary Dixie Dean. What a fuckin player to achieve this in his first season in the Prem at the age of 22! I loved that impromptu guard of honour for him at the end & he's STILL absolutely buzzing about it! :-)

WHU kept plugging away, but we seemed comfortable just controlling the match & hitting them on the break. Foden took his goal well & sealed the win & the vital three points.

1000 goals scored under Baldy with the nearest manager achieving the same feat in 150 games more! We're smashing record after record, but for me the CL is the priority this season, so we must continue to take it one game at a time.

None of our players really stood out, so I'll give my MoTM to the whole team.

Trust us to be Fat Sam's first victims as Leeds manager! I wish them luck AFTER our match, so roll on Saturday!
Is it just me?, was it lack of movement further up the field?. I thought Ruben was slow and ponderous on the ball, first half especially.

Is it just me?, was it lack of movement further up the field?. I thought Ruben was slow and ponderous on the ball, first half especially.
Dias was stood motionless for about 10 seconds just outside the centre circle in our half.

The only suggestion I've got is that he was trying to lure WHU in, to create space in behind for our attacking midfielders, Alvarez & Haaland to operate in. Also we're showing classic signs of late season fatigue.

We were more than a bit pedestrian in the first, & did just enough after the restart to make the ultimate difference.

Hammers fans were calling on Moyes to play a weakened team, & save themselves for their weekend match.

Obviously WHU can't do that because they'd be accused of throwing a match, but there's nothing the PL can do if a "Sickness Bug" coincidentally took out 3 of their best players... \0/

A few observations:-

1. Having looked at the matchday thread this morning, especially at around half time, we really do have some utter cunts “supporting” us - the football we play, the players that do it, and yet spoilt cunts make posts like that just because of a flat half

2. Who could have thought sat in the ground for game after game under Pearce that a few years later we’d have a player who has scored 51 goals for us with 8 or 9 games to go, and a manager who has presided over his 1,000th goal after less than 7 years in charge. Yes Stuart ONE THOUSAND

3. Just watching the recording on Sly and MTIAFC couldn’t even get excited about the all time PL being broken, ****

4. If we win on Saturday and arsenal draw on Sunday, then assuming arsenal win all their other games then we need 2 wins out of our last 4 games to win our third PL on the bounce and our 5th in 6. And yet we get cunts posting like that in the matchday thread, unbelievable
Every now and again, I'll go on the match thread whilst killing time at halftime at the match. Some of the lads who sit near me(who don't go on bm) can't believe what their reading when I show them. I find it amusing tbh,but there are some spoilt fuckers on there without a doubt.

And just as many do,having spent plenty of money,and gone through the rollercoaster emotions,while witnessing both incomparable periods of our history in the flesh.

Some people need reminding that this is a forum for discussion,debate,camaraderie and,in many cases,letting off steam.....some are more reflective and chilled,others are more aggressive and reactionary ......it's what makes a discussion board like this all the more entertaining.

Whichever camp you fall into.....ultimately its a harmless internet forum,at the ground the support will be there,we obviously all want what is best for the team,and so no one should or needs to be called a **** for expressing their emotion or opinion on here.
Exactly, it’s no different to what I see & hear at every single game, although I personally find it a lot harder to watch on tv & find myself a bit more reactionary when I do, last night I found myself muttering about Mahrez constantly taking the safe option, I thought it, said it, but never moaned on the MDT, that’s the only difference, the personal stuff is all bit silly & regrettable sometimes but I always see it as in the moment and it does offer a few laughs when someone gets it so wrong

A few observations:-

1. Having looked at the matchday thread this morning, especially at around half time, we really do have some utter cunts “supporting” us - the football we play, the players that do it, and yet spoilt cunts make posts like that just because of a flat half

2. Who could have thought sat in the ground for game after game under Pearce that a few years later we’d have a player who has scored 51 goals for us with 8 or 9 games to go, and a manager who has presided over his 1,000th goal after less than 7 years in charge. Yes Stuart ONE THOUSAND

3. Just watching the recording on Sly and MTIAFC couldn’t even get excited about the all time PL being broken, ****

4. If we win on Saturday and arsenal draw on Sunday, then assuming arsenal win all their other games then we need 2 wins out of our last 4 games to win our third PL on the bounce and our 5th in 6. And yet we get cunts posting like that in the matchday thread, unbelievable
Well said.

At the Arsenal game i sensed something I couldn't quite work out but it felt special. And when I heard the song - " City, City, Best team in the land and all the world" being belted out it dawned on me because when we first sang that song back in the day we could only dream of being the best.

And when i realised we are the best, or very close to being, the hairs on my neck stood up. That was a real 'pinch me' moment that made me feel so proud and lucky to be watching City in such an unprecedented time.

Enjoy it whilst it lasts blues because it won't last forever, but for now I'm in dreamland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.