West Ham (H) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A message from Pep to everyone involved with the club.

Pep knows tomorrow is going to be a tough game to get going in, given the week we've had but you know he's ready for it and the players have to be.

Fighting talk,i love it.The players will be tired mind you,hopefully we can get a lead early on before they start flagging

I thought Stones and Jesus were close to being fit for Sunday, just what is wrong with them now?? Their fragility is why I think we need another centre half and forward for next season, unless Sandler or Garcia come through.

Classic response from Pep. He's seen over the last few months we've had too many off games or prolonged off periods within games and after 30 minutes with 10 men in germany and 120 min on Sunday players are going to be tired but with the injuries mounting to key players we can't afford to rotate much so he's called on them to show some grit and grind out a few results now and within kompany likely to play for a few games at least given the injuries to others, he will make sure the team is on it.

I'm assuming Delph still out

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Mendy
Gundogan
Bernardo
Kdb
Mahrez
Sane
Aguero

Subs Muric Danilo zinchenko Foden silva sterling Sandler

Freshen it up slightly. Mendy getting 60 minutes if he's ready as indicated by Pep, Bernardo back in the middle where he's most effective, toss up to who partners him between kdb and silva, as neither is in great form at the moment. Sterling with bernardo are our in form players but he's played a lot of games lately and I think Mahrez is due to come in from the cold despite showing nothing when he is given a chance, I'd much rather it be at home than away to bournemouth so I think he will get a start.

Game will be won (or points lost) in the opening 30 minutes for this. We will tire as the game goes on so it's important to get a good start and finish the game as early as possible to conserve energy and manage niggles.

Fighting talk,i love it.The players will be tired mind you,hopefully we can get a lead early on before they start flagging

Yes great from Pep, titles are about pushing through the pain and fatigue barrier and adversity and getting results. Beautiful football is an added bonus but you also need guts and fight. The challenge has been laid down.

Got a slight bad feeling about this. The atmosphere will be flat and we are missing key players, and tired too.

I’d go with sterling as a false 9 and get sane and Mahrez on the flanks. Sergio looked dead after extra time on Sunday.

Given our injuries I’d go with the following side:

Ederson
Danilo Kompany Otamendi Zinchenko
Foden Delph KDB
B.Silva Aguero Sane

Subs: Muric, Walker, García, Sterling, Mahrez, Gundogan, Mendy

I think walker and sterling need a rest, assuming Mendy won’t be match fit, ive put Delph in which might not be possible, and I think David needs a proper one game break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.